The Student Room Group

How can i get level 9s?

When should i start studying in order to get 9s by year 11. I am currently in year 10 lol
Now
we can't say, really. At the moment, just keep up with classwork.
As in you should start revising now, your exams may be next year but revising everyday and getting through every topic will allow you to have plenty of time to go over it in your own pace before the exams arrive.
Original post by Rebeccasomething
As in you should start revising now, your exams may be next year but revising everyday and getting through every topic will allow you to have plenty of time to go over it in your own pace before the exams arrive.

The danger would be running out of content too early and subsequently losing motivation.
Original post by _gcx
The danger would be running out of content too early and subsequently losing motivation.

Totally agree with this but if you have any coursework for any of your subjects make sure it completed to your best ability, this is an easy way for already having a good grade before walking into the exam for the subject.
Reply 6
You should be doing some simple prep which is going to make your life a lot easier. If you can, start compiling cheat sheets for the subjects you are doing, so after each class write down the key points that you will need to remember for the exams.
You could do the index cards and mind maps the same way.

For my exams, I did this as I went along last year, and it worked out well for me, as I passed with good grades. The brain will build better recall pathways if you remember over time, so just tick over for now, doing something every day. Then depending on the subject start getting your head down wit a revision plan about 6 months before the actual exam date. By then you should already have a good memory of the subject and be tweaking things that need your specific information and not the whole subject matter.
Reply 7
If I were you, I would start at this time next year. Make sure you do revise for your Y10 end of year mocks and any other tests you have.

I started my GCSE revision on Wednesday but have been doing revision for my mocks since October. Everything is going well for me so far. The book 'How to Ace Your GCSEs' really, really helped me. I reccomend you give it a read and make notes of important concepts.

Good luck!
Original post by Anonymous0901
Totally agree with this but if you have any coursework for any of your subjects make sure it completed to your best ability, this is an easy way for already having a good grade before walking into the exam for the subject.

Shame that they're mostly gone now :frown:

Sounds like the perfect recipe for burn-out.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Sounds like the perfect recipe for burn-out.

Worked for me 😂
Worked for me 😂

what grades did you get?
Like right now
Original post by bxarnca
When should i start studying in order to get 9s by year 11. I am currently in year 10 lol

Don't start studying now. You'll burn out. My school recommended starting the gradual build up around January-February of Year 11. Just do enough so that you are on top of class work and are regularly doing well in tests.

And don't get too obsessed over 9s. Remember that a 9 is harder to get than the old A*. And ask yourself why you really want 9s. If you want them to boost your uni application, fair enough. But if you only want 9s to please your parents, that isn't a good reason.
Original post by laurawatt
what grades did you get?

I'm currently in year 13 predicted A*A A, GCSE grades: 6A* 5As 1B

Quick Reply

Latest