The Student Room Group

UCAS. 'Independent' or 'Through School or College'?

Hi. So I'm in Year 13 and as a school student, I don't know what option to choose. Someone told me that the 'independent' is only for mature students or people who left education and are coming back. What option do I choose? And if I choose 'Independent' how will my counsellor enter my predicted grades??? Please help. I'm really confused.
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
Hi. So I'm in Year 13 and as a school student, I don't know what option to choose. Someone told me that the 'independent' is only for mature students or people who left education and are coming back. What option do I choose? And if I choose 'Independent' how will my counsellor enter my predicted grades??? Please help. I'm really confused.

Through school or college
Original post by claireestelle

And why not 'Independent'?
Original post by claireestelle

??
??

Do you have a buzzword from your school?, and are they are UCAS centre? - if not it's Independent.
Reply 5
if you're still in school, then typically you should chose the ' through school or college option' not independent . that only applied for mature/ gap year/ home schooled people
And why not 'Independent'?

Because you are still in education. That option is for those who are no longer in education but want to attend university
Original post by kayleighisonfire
Because you are still in education. That option is for those who are no longer in education but want to attend university

or 99% of foreigners applying to UCAS
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
or 99% of foreigners applying to UCAS

Or them but the asker is currently in the UK so surely that does not apply to them?
Or them but the asker is currently in the UK so surely that does not apply to them?

Doesn't apply then- they apply through school

No pls. I'm an international student. Oh. I didn't know it mattered. So does that change it now?
Apply through your school.

It makes it far easier for teachers to add references/grades - there is no advantage to applying as independant-online unless you have to.
No pls. I'm an international student. Oh. I didn't know it mattered. So does that change it now?

Yes, as an international student you should apply as an "independent" candidate

Good luck!
Original post by Historian1789
Yes, as an international student you should apply as an "independent" candidate

Good luck!

Ohh ryt. Thanks! U too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending