The Student Room Group

Cambridge Masterclasses

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Baaah
I went to the Biochemistry and Genetics masterclass last year, and also had the 'Origin of the Force' lecture. It's on mitochondria's role in ATP synthesise, diseases, ageing and cell death. It's very interesting :smile:

I will be going to the Evolution masterclass even though the event is meant to be for year 12s. Apparently, they are allowing me to attend because I will be taking a gap year, hence will be applying to university in the same admissions cycle as you.

That sounds so good, I’m even more excited now! Lucky you as well, being able to go to them two years in a row! Hope you have a great time. Have you applied to Cambridge?
Reply 21
Original post by JasmineSta
That sounds so good, I’m even more excited now! Lucky you as well, being able to go to them two years in a row! Hope you have a great time. Have you applied to Cambridge?

I applied for natural sciences this year, but after applying I realised that the natural sciences course isn't right for me. I think I will apply for Biological Sciences during my gap year
Reply 22
Original post by Baaah
I think I will apply for Biological Sciences during my gap year

At the other place? Even if you get a Cambridge offer?
Original post by TheMindGarage
I'm going to the Engineering one which will also be on the 4th.

Probably, but some may be fully booked.

I'm going to the Engineering one too ! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Meltend
I'm going to the Engineering one too ! :smile:

How did you like the talks? The first one was pretty interesting and I liked the sudoku and 20-questions analogy, but the second one wasn't really my thing. Definitely like the fact that with the Cambridge course, I can pick and choose modules in the 3rd year after getting a good overview of everything in the first two years.
How did you like the talks? The first one was pretty interesting and I liked the sudoku and 20-questions analogy, but the second one wasn't really my thing. Definitely like the fact that with the Cambridge course, I can pick and choose modules in the 3rd year after getting a good overview of everything in the first two years.

Yeah I liked them the second one really wasn't my thing,I struggle to dedicate my life to soil.I think it would have been great to have third lecture or something like that on Mechanics and Fluid Dynamics
Original post by Meltend
Yeah I liked them the second one really wasn't my thing,I struggle to dedicate my life to soil.I think it would have been great to have third lecture or something like that on Mechanics and Fluid Dynamics

Agreed - those are more my thing. I'm interested in automotive engineering so something related to those (or similar like aerospace) would have been good. But at least now I have something to aim for.
Agreed - those are more my thing. I'm interested in automotive engineering so something related to those (or similar like aerospace) would have been good. But at least now I have something to aim for.

You sound like someone I met on the day, can I ask what's your first name?
Original post by Meltend
You sound like someone I met on the day, can I ask what's your first name?

It probably wouldn't have been me - I barely talked to anyone xD. I'm Patrick :biggrin:.
Hi i know this is from a long time ago but i am currently writing up some info about the origins of the force lecture and i cant find out who gave it anywhere! do you know the name of the person who gave the lecture?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending