The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

my bottom box was blank you see as I had 3 experiences so I must have over looked it!
Original post by 10LFC10
I did put all my hours down for each role but I didn't notice a total one for all combined :frown:

Its ok! Dont worry you’ll be fine. If you still are just call up the admissions team and see if theyre fine with it. Its not that deep 😂
Reply 62
Original post by 10LFC10
my bottom box was blank you see as I had 3 experiences so I must have over looked it!

I've done exactly the same thing - must have completely overlooked it. Have you rang them to ask about it?
Reply 63
Oh I thought we were supposed to add up the 4 Work exp’s we included!
Original post by MTL000
I've done exactly the same thing - must have completely overlooked it. Have you rang them to ask about it?

I'm shopping and so panicked! are you free to?
Reply 65
Original post by 10LFC10
I'm shopping and so panicked! are you free to?

I'm at work but keep dashing out to call them but no one is piking up. Argh!
Original post by Ain0208
Oh I thought we were supposed to add up the 4 Work exp’s we included!

there were four spaces for experience wasn't there, but I didn't notice a total hours as my bottom experience was left blank. but I did put my hours for each individual one next to the experience
Reply 67
Original post by 10LFC10
there were four spaces for experience wasn't there, but I didn't notice a total hours as my bottom experience was left blank. but I did put my hours for each individual one next to the experience

Just spoke the the admissions team - they said not to worry at all. As long as we've put down the number of hours for each role it's fine.
Original post by MTL000
Just spoke the the admissions team - they said not to worry at all. As long as we've put down the number of hours for each role it's fine.

thank you so much! I am so sorry to have panicked You! It just popped into my head!
Does anyone know how much weighting is given to the number of hours in volunteering/work experience compared to the other aspects of the form?
I’ve applied with:
GCSE- 4A* 1A 4B
Predictions- A* A A
UKCAT- 637.5 Band 1
And in my opinion a strong R&R form

Do I have any chance to be interviewed?

P.S. my A* GCSEs were in the sciences and maths and at a notoriously poor school in manchester, don’t know if that makes them any better.
Hi guys, i'm a 1st year med student at Keele- just feels like i was in your position yesterday! If you have any questions about the course or the uni in general, i'll be more than happy to help- I know how nerve racking the unknown can be! Best of luck :smile:
Original post by ChocoBons
Hi guys, i'm a 1st year med student at Keele- just feels like i was in your position yesterday! If you have any questions about the course or the uni in general, i'll be more than happy to help- I know how nerve racking the unknown can be! Best of luck :smile:

What date last year did you receive an invite to the interview? how comfortable were you with the questions asked on the interview day?

thanks
Original post by TracyEmu
What date last year did you receive an invite to the interview? how comfortable were you with the questions asked on the interview day?

thanks

End of Jan. I found the interview was quite relaxed and easy (this is coming from not the most confident person in the world!) however that being said some people I spoke to did find it more difficult.
Reply 74
Original post by TracyEmu

thanks

And to add to those questions, what were your stats? :smile:
Original post by Ain0208
And to add to those questions, what were your stats? :smile:

Nothing too amazing LOL

GCSEs: 5A*s, 4A's, 1B
A levels: ABB
Degree: 1st class honours
UKCAT: 610 Band 2
Work exp: 1wk GP, 1wk reconstructive surgery, 6 months volunteering in children's assessment unit, around 5 years as a private tutor
Nothing too amazing LOL

GCSEs: 5A*s, 4A's, 1B
A levels: ABB
Degree: 1st class honours
UKCAT: 610 Band 2
Work exp: 1wk GP, 1wk reconstructive surgery, 6 months volunteering in children's assessment unit, around 5 years as a private tutor

That's great! hope you are enjoying med school! How are you finding it?
I am a graduate too, are there many graduates on the course? Did you included shadowing in your R&R form, I didn't as I thought they said it wouldn't contribute to hours or something like that.
My stats are very similar to yours, but 2.1 degree :smile:
Original post by fuzzmuzz
That's great! hope you are enjoying med school! How are you finding it?
I am a graduate too, are there many graduates on the course? Did you included shadowing in your R&R form, I didn't as I thought they said it wouldn't contribute to hours or something like that.
My stats are very similar to yours, but 2.1 degree :smile:

I am absolutely loving it! Don't think its completely sunk in still lol. I wouldn't say the course is hard (so far) per se, its just a lot of content. You may be surprised to hear that around half or just over half my year are grads! I didn't think there would be that many!
With regards to the R&R form, I didn't included the reconstructive one, only the GP one as I wasn't shadowing there.
Nice to hear that you're enjoying it! I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but is the Maths test at Interview ranked or is it a just a singly-used test?(so if I were to get the pass mark, the test is no longer considered). Thanks.
I am absolutely loving it! Don't think its completely sunk in still lol. I wouldn't say the course is hard (so far) per se, its just a lot of content. You may be surprised to hear that around half or just over half my year are grads! I didn't think there would be that many!
With regards to the R&R form, I didn't included the reconstructive one, only the GP one as I wasn't shadowing there.

How are you finding the PBL teaching style? what are your pros and cons of PBL??

thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending