The Student Room Group

My younger sister is pregnant before me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hey,
I am the oldest of 4 kids (im 18) and my younger sister is pregnant (17).
My problem is, is that im slightly jealous of her. Dont get me wrong, im happy for her and everything, but i feel as though i should be the first one pregnant as i am the first child.
I dont really know why i feel like this, and i didnt even think i would feel like this and i just dont know tbh
I didnt really know where to put this but i feel like i need to get it out there idk

Any advice is appreciated xx

You have plenty of time to have children. Your whole life is ahead of you. Plan your life how you want it to be and try to be happy for your sister. There are no rules about when you should marry, be in a relationship or have children. When the right one comes along then you can decide what you want to do. Concentrate on being a good auntie and you will be just fine. When he/she comes along, you will forget all the feelings you have now. X
Oh trust me. When she has the baby and you see the struggle and when the baby is older and she realises she'd made a huge mistake ****ing up her teenage years having a child, you won't be jealous any more. She'll get a **** ton of attention for the first month or so and then left in a lonely depression as everyone doesn't actually give a **** about another human being born.

She'll be jealous of you if you manage to not get pregnant, find a man and get married before you even consider pregnancy. You'll probably also have a good career to pay for the child, unlike her. You're in a better position and it's definitely not a race.

Original post by Anonymous
Hey,
I am the oldest of 4 kids (im 18) and my younger sister is pregnant (17).
My problem is, is that im slightly jealous of her. Dont get me wrong, im happy for her and everything, but i feel as though i should be the first one pregnant as i am the first child.
I dont really know why i feel like this, and i didnt even think i would feel like this and i just dont know tbh
I didnt really know where to put this but i feel like i need to get it out there idk

Any advice is appreciated xx
I don't think it was a choice. :lol: Just poor sex education.

Original post by bones-mccoy
I'm not going to say that you're lucky not to be pregnant as it's your sister's choice and I'm not going to judge her for that, but just think about what a great Aunt you're going to be and how much joy this baby will bring to the family. It means you get all the benefits of being around a baby but still being able to keep your old life. There's no competition here, either, as she's only a year younger than you so it's not odd at all if she were to get married or pregnant first.
Your mum's not going to admit to her own children that she regrets having you so young. :lol:

Original post by Thinspo
Congratulate your sister and be happy or happy for her, I get that it’s hard but it’s not really that bad, my mum had her first child at 19 but she was pregnant at 18, my mums now 41 and my sister is 22, it doesnt really matter how old she is, as long as it’s legal, my mums life wasn’t ruined, my friends mum gave birth at 15 and went to uni, it’s okay
Original post by eden3
you're equally as stupid as each other. Your sister for getting pregnant at 17, and you for thinking that's an accomplishment

This.
Don't be! You get to be the cool Aunt but stil have your future potentially go the way you want it to. Unfortunately for your sister that may not be the case. You'll have kids when its time for you to have kids so enjoy your time just b. eing 18 and living your own life. I'm 18 and there is no way on God's planet that I could see myself with a child! I can just about provide for myself let alone another human being
Original post by Officer Deeznuts
first of all, I'm an American. 2nd I think you're 18 year old adult is 16? which is completely ****ing stupid. No offense, but I seen a lot of retarded British people. 3rd who ****ing cares....? Just worry about you're damn self. You have you're hole life ahead of you. Don't make You're like a living hell, cause you want a kid. That's pure stupidness right there, sorry to say it. Good luck in life!

You don't even have a grasp of basic grammar :rofl:
Never get pregnant early plus it's not a race.
Reply 48
Original post by Ezisola
Be grateful that it's your sister who's ruined her social life.. not you.

I had my little boy when i was 15! He didnt ruin my social life, or stop any of my plans, Although i was forced to grow up and figure out how to parent.
Original post by Stressed_out27
Please stop comparing your life to others, just live your life out hun, if you want to get preggo, get yourself a lad, or go to a sperm bank, but you can't do it out of social pressure, that's just irrational.
You gotta do what's right for you, at the right time

This!
Original post by jr175
I had my little boy when i was 15! He didnt ruin my social life, or stop any of my plans, Although i was forced to grow up and figure out how to parent.

I would, respectfully, suggest that perhaps your plans were not so grand if they could not be ruined by having a child at the age of 15,
I understand where you're coming from, I have a sister that's 21 and I'm 22, people have compared us our whole lives, people mistaken her for being older, her developing much more quicker, more boyfriends or feeling like you're younger sister has achieved more than you. I guess, if it's been like this your whole life you're even used to comparing yourself it's a challenge not to. Although if my sister got pregnant i wouldn't be jealous, I literally don't want a child anytime soon. I guess it's not a race, you're 18, life really starts then!
It will be so much better to be an amazing aunt than a mother at that age (unless you have won a million £). You'll only see the good side. Think about it, you can babysit whenever you'd like to and you don't deal with all the issues.
first of all, I'm an American. 2nd I think you're 18 year old adult is 16? which is completely ****ing stupid. No offense, but I seen a lot of retarded British people. 3rd who ****ing cares....? Just worry about you're damn self. You have you're hole life ahead of you. Don't make You're like a living hell, cause you want a kid. That's pure stupidness right there, sorry to say it. Good luck in life!

First of all, good for you but I really thought Americans spoke English. :borat:
Second, wait what? No offense, but I have seen a lot of retarded American people. Third, good luck in life to yourself.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY

Well you see I only like to use basic grammar on piece of part when I'm at college. I type on a ipad, so it's kinda hard. so I don't bother with grammar on text messages no one I know uses proper grammar with texts. I ****ing text my professor and he don't even use it in text messages.
Original post by elisabeth1
First of all, good for you but I really thought Americans spoke English. :borat:
Second, wait what? No offense, but I have seen a lot of retarded American people. Third, good luck in life to yourself.

You literally show, that the rumors, that flies around about the U.K has the worst education System. You literally make that true, good job! Dumbass British muck!!
You literally show, that the rumors, that flies around about the U.K has the worst education System. You literally make that true, good job! Dumbass British muck!!

I don't live in the UK and I'm not British haha byeee

You're an idiot. You're literally making the rest of the people, that's British, in this chat look bad.

That's called f u c k i n g typos, yay, you just learned something off the internet!
hahahahhahh shut the F u c k up f u c k i n g stupid british dummy. Their stupid cause having a kid at those ages is f u c k i n g retarded!

In any given year. the US teen pregnancy rate is double that of the United Kingdom, and around 4 times that of Germany and France.
The US has the highest teen pregnancy rate among developed countries.

I suggest you clean up your own doorstep before you come on here and criticise ours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending