The Student Room Group

Need help calculating what I need for an overall first or 2:1 (Final Year)

Hi people.
I would really appreciate it if someone would be kind enough to help me calculate what I need to achieve a first and 2:1 class on my degree overall.

My University is structured like this:
First year does not count towards the degree provided you pass to progress to the second year.

Second year counts for either 20% or 25% (I'll explain lower*)

Final year counts for either 80% or 75%
(*Recently they have changed the classification system. So until 2019 they are giving students whatever algorithm awards them the best mark, the old 25:75 or the new 20:80 until May 2019, where the new 20:80 will be used for everyone)

My second year modules I achieved:
58% (30 credits)
60% (30 credits)
81% (15 credits)
81% (15 credits)
75% (30 credits)

My final year modules I have:
??% (60 credit project)
??% (15 credit course)
??% (15 credit course)
??% (15 credit course)
??% (15 credit course)

Thank you.
Original post by Tobyjt
Hi people.
I would really appreciate it if someone would be kind enough to help me calculate what I need to achieve a first and 2:1 class on my degree overall.

My University is structured like this:
First year does not count towards the degree provided you pass to progress to the second year.

Second year counts for either 20% or 25% (I'll explain lower*)

Final year counts for either 80% or 75%
(*Recently they have changed the classification system. So until 2019 they are giving students whatever algorithm awards them the best mark, the old 25:75 or the new 20:80 until May 2019, where the new 20:80 will be used for everyone)

My second year modules I achieved:
58% (30 credits)
60% (30 credits)
81% (15 credits)
81% (15 credits)
75% (30 credits)

My final year modules I have:
??% (60 credit project)
??% (15 credit course)
??% (15 credit course)
??% (15 credit course)
??% (15 credit course)

Thank you.

25:75 system: You'd need 57.17% average for a 2.1 and 70.5% average for a 1st
20:80 system: YOu'd need 57.88% average for a 2.1 and 70.38% average for a 1st
Reply 2
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
25:75 system: You'd need 57.17% average for a 2.1 and 70.5% average for a 1st
20:80 system: YOu'd need 57.88% average for a 2.1 and 70.38% average for a 1st

Thanks for your help.
Do you think it would be possible to help calculate what I would need on those final year modules to achieve a first?
Original post by Tobyjt
Thanks for your help.
Do you think it would be possible to help calculate what I would need on those final year modules to achieve a first?

The %s you'd mean? Well you'd need the overall percentage for the 3rd year to be what I listed but what you can get might vary. You might, for example do better in one module but worse in another. Because there's 5 modules left it's hard to narrow down what you'd need specifically.
Reply 4
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
The %s you'd mean? Well you'd need the overall percentage for the 3rd year to be what I listed but what you can get might vary. You might, for example do better in one module but worse in another. Because there's 5 modules left it's hard to narrow down what you'd need specifically.

Hey, yeah I mean the %s.
So if I use the site: http://unigradecalc.com/ and then input 5 different grades, one with 50%, four others with 12.5% I can then work out the combinations I'd need to achieve a first or a 2:1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending