The Student Room Group

EmilySarah00’s 2017/18 struggle to University (A*AA)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AryanGh
now that you put a picture of food you reminded me of eigenvalues and eigenvectors :rofl: what have i become

nerd

how anyway? :rofl:
Original post by wagwanpifftingg
this blog is liiiiit! are you able to tag me?

Thank you! I shall tag you in the next update :cute:

Original post by AryanGh
now that you put a picture of food you reminded me of eigenvalues and eigenvectors :rofl: what have i become

I appear to have broken you, I'm deeply sorry. :nopity:
Please tag me young lady
Good luckk :h:
Original post by Cyberspace
Please tag me young lady

On it! :jumphug:

Original post by Lychee627
Good luckk :h:

Thank you! :colondollar:
Original post by EmilySarah00
On it! :jumphug:

Thank you! :colondollar:

I do Maths at Leeds so if you do have any questions dont hesitate to ask :h:
04/11/17 Update - Working Late :cyber: :

I've had a fairly unproductive day today for the most part. I woke up late and then got ready for a driving lesson at 11:30AM. I can safely say it was the most tragic driving lesson I've ever had. There was traffic everywhere, I stalled about 10 times (we were doing hill starts) and then to top it all off a completely oblivious teenage lad with headphones on ran out in front of the car and I had to emergency stop. :afraid:

I was then out for the rest of the day until I returned home to do work after dinner. I've been doing Computer Science coursework from about 8PM until now and I don't really want to stop as I'm so determined to get it done. Admittedly tracing pseudocode does get rather tedious after a while but it's got to be done! :laugh:

I've almost finished the Algorithm subsection now, aiming to finish before I sleep. I then have to create a testing plan and I will have finished the Design section for the deadline on Thursday. The last time we had a deadline I didn't make it and I don't think my teacher was too happy with me, so I have to redeem myself this time! :facepalm:

Still got a lot of college work to do tomorrow, and I must tidy my desk because I can't even see it for clutter at the minute. Seriously if there's no pictures of a lovely tidy desk on tomorrow's update please someone shout at me :giggle:

Sorry for the lateness of this update,
- Emily :yep:

Tags:

Spoiler

I've had a fairly unproductive day today for the most part. I woke up late and then got ready for a driving lesson at 11:30AM. I can safely say it was the most tragic driving lesson I've ever had. There was traffic everywhere, I stalled about 10 times (we were doing hill starts) and then to top it all off a completely oblivious teenage lad with headphones on ran out in front of the car and I had to emergency stop. :afraid:

I was then out for the rest of the day until I returned home to do work after dinner. I've been doing Computer Science coursework from about 8PM until now and I don't really want to stop as I'm so determined to get it done. Admittedly tracing pseudocode does get rather tedious after a while but it's got to be done! :laugh:

I've almost finished the Algorithm subsection now, aiming to finish before I sleep. I then have to create a testing plan and I will have finished the Design section for the deadline on Thursday. The last time we had a deadline I didn't make it and I don't think my teacher was too happy with me, so I have to redeem myself this time! :facepalm:

Still got a lot of college work to do tomorrow, and I must tidy my desk because I can't even see it for clutter at the minute. Seriously if there's no pictures of a lovely tidy desk on tomorrow's update please someone shout at me :giggle:

Sorry for the lateness of this update,
- Emily :yep:

Tags:

Spoiler

do not fret for i am also being unproductive

i've been on the same piece of maths hwk for 11 hours
Original post by AryanGh

If it's Statistics, I can relate... I hate statistics
Original post by RoyalSheepy

how did you gues-

it's because

STATISTICS IS EVIDENCE THAT GOD HAS ABANDONED US
Original post by AryanGh
how did you gues-

it's because

Because I'm too good... sadly, not at statistics; but at procrastinating.
Original post by Lychee627
I do Maths at Leeds so if you do have any questions dont hesitate to ask :h:

Ah thank you for the offer! If I think of something to ask I'll be right in your PM's! :h:

Original post by AryanGh

Pretty sure that's an achievement in it's own right, you should be proud! :adore:

Original post by RoyalSheepy

Original post by AryanGh
how did you gues-

it's because

Funny when I didn't actually mind stats :laugh:
(Don't hate me guys!)
Ah thank you for the offer! If I think of something to ask I'll be right in your PM's! :h:

Pretty sure that's an achievement in it's own right, you should be proud! :adore:

Funny when I didn't actually mind stats :laugh:
(Don't hate me guys!)

:unimpressed:

Seriously if there's no pictures of a lovely tidy desk on tomorrow's update please someone shout at me :giggle:
And what are you learning to drive for?:hmmm:

Lubricating my throat ready for you.:wink:

Spoiler

Sounds a lot more productive than me! I've written about 4 sentences on my essay all day and I had about 6 things I was meant to do :hide:
Nice progress on your computing! Hopefully you have that deadline in the bag :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
And what are you learning to drive for?:hmmm:

Lubricating my throat ready for you.:wink:

Spoiler

I was awaiting your 'go to sleep' response to be honest :teehee:

I'm learning to drive because it's a valuable skill, however much I dislike it at the minute I want to have passed by test before I head off to university.

And it really took me a minute to realise why you were lubricating your throat for me :laugh:

Original post by Lemur14
Sounds a lot more productive than me! I've written about 4 sentences on my essay all day and I had about 6 things I was meant to do :hide:
Nice progress on your computing! Hopefully you have that deadline in the bag :smile:

At least it's not Sunday? (Trying to be positive here :giggle:) I believe you'll get it all done!:rave:
And thank you! I hope I'll actually get it finished
(edited 6 years ago)
I was awaiting your 'go to sleep' response to be honest :teehee:

I'm learning to drive because it's a valuable skill, however much I dislike it at the minute I want to have passed by test before I head off to university.

And it really took me a minute to realise why you were lubricating your throat for me :laugh:
:rant:

A valuable skill that you're going to then spend 3 or 4 years forgetting?:sly:

:mmm:
Original post by 04MR17
:rant:

A valuable skill that you're going to then spend 3 or 4 years forgetting?:sly:

:mmm:

Probably true but at least the test is over :dontknow:
Plus I'll probably use a car in the holidays?
At least it's not Sunday? (Trying to be positive here :giggle:) I believe you'll get it all done!:rave:
And thank you! I hope I'll actually get it finished

I don't work Sundays...(Technically shouldn't be doing anything now either...) tbh I wrote a lot more in my frees last week than at home, so I think I'll leave it until then. It's tempting to start some computing now but I'm pretty sure that's not a good idea!
I'm sure you will!
05/11/17 Update - Bonfire Night

When I said I wasn't going to sleep until I finished the Computer Science coursework I set out to do last night, I didn't anticipate that that would mean staying up working until 2AM and writing 7 sides of A4, but that's exactly what happened. So after that unexpected long night I needed a lie in and therefore didn't get up until lunch time today (no regrets :cool:.)

After lunch I kinda stared at my Computer Science coursework again for a while trying to plan the next subsection out, but I've honestly no clue what I'm meant to include and after last night I'd completely had enough of it. So I soon gave up and moved on to doing my mechanics homework.

My experience of doing Mechanics 1 questions has never been more odd as my dad decided he wanted to have a go too! Having done Physics, Maths and Further Maths to A-Level over 35 years ago he wanted to see what he could remember, and so he sat opposite me at the dining table and did the questions along with me. I'll put a picture of both our work below (excuse the awful excuse for a collage,) you can see we actually got all the same answers (with a few rounding differences) despite different methods here and there! He was definitely really proud of himself afterwards :rofl:

IMG_7561.jpg

After a quick Costa trip I came back and organised my notes from the past week into my ring bound folders. I also had to start a new folder to put Mechanics 2 and Decision 2 work in. Finally after what hasn't been an overly productive day I tidied my desk (mainly because I didn't want @04MR17 to shout at me for not doing so!) I haven't got the Pinterest level of aesthetic work spaces but I tried my best. :yep: (The image is attached at the bottom because TSR isn't cooperating.)

So now I'm done with work and I'm about to spend until the dead of night watching a movie whilst painting my nails. Good job I have a double free period in the morning! :laugh:
- Emily

Firework Friends (I'm bad at this :ahee:) :

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending