The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Applying for AMES at St. John's. Admissions test went awfully so I'm not very hopeful tbh lol
As I say, I am applying for AMES at downing. Did you think it was Paper 1/2 that tripped you up?
I personally found it okay although my essay was quite short.
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
Applying for AMES at St. John's. Admissions test went awfully so I'm not very hopeful tbh lol
Original post by OwlOfFire
When do interview offers come out? (I know it is a bit soon at the moment)

I have an interview offer which i received yesterday so they're sending them out now
Original post by laurenb00
@littledino1011 I feel exactly the same, I just want to prove to myself that I am eligible to even be applying and getting an interview would reassure me of that. Just getting an interview is an achievement in it’s own right but hopefully we all get offers!

Aren't you eligible just by applying?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Secular_Priest
As I say, I am applying for AMES at downing. Did you think it was Paper 1/2 that tripped you up?
I personally found it okay although my essay was quite short.

Nah, for me it was definitely Paper 2. Paper 1 was how I expected it to be but Paper 2 was much, much worse. I just didn't know what the insert was talking about and my essay was really badly written with a really bad argument. :redface:
Original post by mohamedben0203
I have an interview offer which i received yesterday so they're sending them out now

Surely not! The admission test was only 2 days ago, do they have time to mark it and send out interview invites already?
Which college are you going for?
Surely not! The admission test was only 2 days ago, do they have time to mark it and send out interview invites already?

some courses don't have pre interview assessments
Original post by redonks
some courses don't have pre interview assessments

So they may have started giving interviews to those who don't have an admission test, but for those who do it will probably be at the end of November time?
So they may have started giving interviews to those who don't have an admission test, but for those who do it will probably be at the end of November time?

yep :smile:
@littledino1011 I feel exactly the same, I just want to prove to myself that I am eligible to even be applying and getting an interview would reassure me of that. Just getting an interview is an achievement in it’s own right but hopefully we all get offers!

Just to know that I am the calibre that they are looking for would be the best thing in the world!
@Secular_Priest

probably best not to say that.

I have applied for computer science and the assessment is on the day of the interview. and i have applied to st catharines
@AspiringUnderdog I know a guy that applied to oxford with BBD at AS level so from my experience, not necessarily
@AspiringUnderdog I know a guy that applied to oxford with BBD at AS level so from my experience, not necessarily

I don't quite understand how that proves that some people that apply are not eligible to apply?
@AspiringUnderdog I wouldn’t call it proof but in my opinion, I do feel that not everyone who applied will be what oxbridge are looking for, so to get to the interview for me personally would be a sign that I am what they are looking for and I wasn’t being too ambitious with my choices when I applied.

Also, could someone teach me how to quote other people’s messages cause I have no idea how to do it, new to TSR 😭
Reply 55
Also, could someone teach me how to quote other people’s messages cause I have no idea how to do it, new to TSR 😭

On the desktop web version, hit the Reply button at the right of a post you want to quote. :smile:
@AspiringUnderdog I wouldn’t call it proof but in my opinion, I do feel that not everyone who applied will be what oxbridge are looking for, so to get to the interview for me personally would be a sign that I am what they are looking for and I wasn’t being too ambitious with my choices when I applied.

Being eligible to apply has nothing to do with if you're good enough to get in.
Also to quote there should be a quote button underneath my post which you can click and it'll put it in your post which you can add to.
If you're on a mobile device then hold the post and click quote.
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
Being eligible to apply has nothing to do with if you're good enough to get in.
Also to quote there should be a quote button underneath my post which you can click and it'll put it in your post which you can add to.
If you're on a mobile device then hold the post and click quote.

Ayyy I did it, thanks 😅
Reply 58
Original post by homicidalwaffle
Never got to visit any of the colleges and did not have a lot of time to research each individual one either. Had a few looks at Google Images and Pembroke looked nice so I chose that, lol.

Hello, another pembroke applicant here :wink: I applied for physical natsci
What did you apply for?
Original post by Alswl
Will international applicants be notified faster than those UK applicants? coz booking a flight ticket is a thing too

I’m in the exact same position as you - I’m hoping King’s will be nice and let me know as soon as they can... what’s your subject? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending