The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Zozo*
Not at all, they seem to just mean that they think it'd be easier for people to notice and appreciate you if you're less introverted? (That may be the wrong bf word, sorry) Basically, get yourself out there more so more people can meet and befriend you

Thanks @Zozo*!

I sort of thought that when they said you need to put yourself out there and friends will come your way meant that they are not a friend/didn't considers me as one as it sounded quite passive to me (as if I didn't have any already). Although they did say that if you think you have no friends then you are wrong. That's why I find this message so hard to interpret and work out whether the person who sent it is a friend/considers me as a friend or not.
Reply 21
I sort of thought that when they said you need to put yourself out there and friends will come your way meant that they are not a friend/didn't considers me as one as it sounded quite passive to me (as if I didn't have any already). Although they did say that if you think you have no friends then you are wrong. That's why I find this message so hard to interpret and work out whether the person who sent it is a friend/considers me as a friend or not.
Reply 22
Please can someone help me with this question?

Reply 23

I am so lonely. I wish that I was not bullied at school and university and had better social skills to make some nice friends.
Original post by Tomm98

Original post by Anonymous
I am so lonely. I wish that I was not bullied at school and university and had better social skills to make some nice friends.

I'm going to assume that you two are the same person. I don't think that it really matters if they're your friend. In a way they both seem annoyed but maybe because they understand how you feel but believe that you don't have to feel this way. They're being passive because they want you to be happy and to try harder but I guess they ultimately know that they can't directly help you since they don't see you anymore.
Could I also have some context, from person 2 they said something about the "events today" but there is no explanation of what this is and that could help to explain what they mean but I think that I've gotten the gist of it without that anyway.
Reply 27
It's about what you think, not about what we think. If you want to keep them then do it. If not then that's equally fine too.
Please can someone halo me interpret the messages, as I struggle to.
Reply 29
Original post by Anonymous
Please can someone halo me interpret the messages, as I struggle to.

What do you mean by that? Is it is a language difference?
Please can someone help me interpret the messages?
Please can people on here explain why they've voted in this way? That would really help me. Thanks! :smile:
:smile:
PLease can I have some more perspectives on this? For those who have voted, please could you explain why you voted the way you did??
When they say 'you need to put yourself out there and friends will come your way' - does this mean that I have no friends? It contradicts the 'if you think you have no friends then you are wrong'. Please can someone explain this for me?
I have no friends.

Latest

Trending

Trending