The Student Room Group

[2018] Fastest and Slowest Rejection Senders

With UCAS Applications starting up again, rejections are soon to follow, some quickly and some slowly...

Feel free to put down your rejections and other uni stuff, and to just generally have a chat , though there will be no need to mention any non-rejections received.

Best of luck to all applying this year! Exciting times!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Xifong
With UCAS Applications starting up again, rejections are soon to follow, some quickly and some slowly...

Feel free to put down your rejectioins and other uni stuff, and to just generally have a chat , though there will be no need to mention any non-rejections received.

Best of luck to all applying this year! Exciting times!!

The offers sticky works for this.
Reply 2
Shhhh,

this is an offer free zone.....
I wonder if anyone's actually received a rejection yet.... Not that anybody would like to be the first to say :rolleyes:
Original post by Dreamcast
I wonder if anyone's actually received a rejection yet.... Not that anybody would like to be the first to say :rolleyes:

Hmmm I doubt it tbh.... Most people generally get 5 offers unless they apply for multiple courses from the 7 elite uni's (Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, ICL, St. A, Durham). The only rejections so far are probably a few people from LSE who haven't past their initial assessment.
Reply 5
Original post by GovernmentEarner
Hmmm I doubt it tbh.... Most people generally get 5 offers unless they apply for multiple courses from the 7 elite uni's (Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, ICL, St. A, Durham). The only rejections so far are probably a few people from LSE who haven't past their initial assessment.

My five unis are Cambridge, LSE, UCL, KCL and Durham for Law, so five rejections is a very terrifying prospect to me...
Reply 6
Valuable advice. :smile:
Original post by skuka
My five unis are Cambridge, LSE, UCL, KCL and Durham for Law, so five rejections is a very terrifying prospect to me...

I've applied for Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Durham and Nottingham. So only 1 different haha, good luck for no rejections!
I’m expectant of some rejections but oh well...

Haha, will probably be me pretty soon then :bl:
applying for medicine! Here's to hoping for some offers and not all rejections...
Original post by skuka

I've applied to all the same places but Oxford rather than Cambridge!
received an email from LSE today saying my application is undergoing initial assessment now
Reply 12
Yep, by applying to certain unis you run yourself the risk of rejection; I completely flopped on the MAT test so I may just have a contribution to this thread ahah
I sent my application this time last week. I’ve applied to LSE, Manchster for two different courses, Birmingham and Liverpool. How long does it take for LSE to reject if you haven’t passed initial assement ?
Original post by sophiabok
I sent my application this time last week. I’ve applied to LSE, Manchster for two different courses, Birmingham and Liverpool. How long does it take for LSE to reject if you haven’t passed initial assement ?

The vast vast majority pass, but 1-2 weeks to here back generally. They will likely update you on a Monday (sometimes Thursday/Friday).
The vast vast majority pass, but 1-2 weeks to here back generally. They will likely update you on a Monday (sometimes Thursday/Friday).

Cheers for that, literally cannot stop checking my emails - most stressful thing
I sent off my ucas 09/09/17 and have had 4/5 offers so far from:Leeds AAB conditional with lowered grade boundaries to BBB if I pass a course and put it as my first choiceBirmingham ABB conditional Sheffield Hallam (backup) unconditional Leeds Beckett (backup) no reply Liverpool ABB conditional Liverpool replied after a few days, Leeds within a week and Birmingham within around 10 days
Applied to Birmingham for JH History and Ancient History & archaeology on October 9th
Only received the rejection on Feb 2nd.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending