The Student Room Group

NSAA thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bruh2132
yeah, I thought it was gonna be higher but maybe they believed all the bs I wrote in my ps. I applied for nat. sci everywhere apart from imperial just because I literally had no idea which subject I wanted to do. I went for Churchill just randomly because I left it way too late. wby what course?

I'm doing Mathematics and Physics everywhere else 👌🏻 What questions did you answer on section 1?
Original post by Beth_anniex99
I'm doing Mathematics and Physics everywhere else 👌🏻 What questions did you answer on section 1?

Yeah I've applied to maths and physics at Birmingham and Warwick and got offers for both. Just gonna say we aren't allowed to talk about individual questions.
Original post by black1blade
Yeah I've applied to maths and physics at Birmingham and Warwick and got offers for both. Just gonna say we aren't allowed to talk about individual questions.

Okay 👌🏻 what offers have you got from Birmingham and Warwick?
Okay 👌🏻 what offers have you got from Birmingham and Warwick?

Birmingham is A*A and Warwick AA in fm and physics is both cases (well if I get an A* in physics the A can be in fm or chem but A* in fm then A in physics). Only 2 because I already have an A* in maths so not super hard offers especially Warwick. For me the hard part will be getting the *s but I'm fairly certain I wont get lower than an A in anything.
Birmingham is A*A and Warwick AA in fm and physics is both cases (well if I get an A* in physics the A can be in fm or chem but A* in fm then A in physics). Only 2 because I already have an A* in maths so not super hard offers especially Warwick. For me the hard part will be getting the *s but I'm fairly certain I wont get lower than an A in anything.

Well good luck! I hope you get your grades and hopefully the NSAA went better than we all thought 😂
Well good luck! I hope you get your grades and hopefully the NSAA went better than we all thought 😂

I actually found it really decent but I swear that there was 1 chemistry question that was totally wrong XD- oh wait no don't worry, I had the wrong equation ;_;.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 66
I actually found it really decent but I swear that there was 1 chemistry question that was totally wrong XD- oh wait no don't worry, I had the wrong equation ;_;.

I was stuck for ages on one physics question because i was so sure it was wrong
Original post by hannah4475
Yeah Im biological nat sci too. Did the chem and bio multiple choice qs first then only had time for a couple of the maths ones. Frustrating not to get a chance even to attempt all the others.Section 2 was a little better, did both chem questions..not sure if camb will like that though as I spoke a lot about bio in my personal statement!Do you think having only done a couple of the maths ones is gunna look really bad?

I'm sure it's fine about the maths ones, everyone seemed to run out of time so I bet loads of other people are in the same position.
What college have you applied to? I applied to Emmanuel :wink:
Hey guys,

do you know anything about how many people did the NSAA this year?
Reply 69
Original post by dutchstudent123
Hey guys,

do you know anything about how many people did the NSAA this year?

I'd guess approx 2,500. That's the approx number of applicants.

Why?
Original post by PuffyPenguin
I'm sure it's fine about the maths ones, everyone seemed to run out of time so I bet loads of other people are in the same position. What college have you applied to? I applied to Emmanuel

Yeah, fingers crossed!I applied to Christs :smile: would be over the moon to get an offer from any college though tbh!
(edited 6 years ago)
Yeah, fingers crossed!I applied to Christs :smile: would be over the moon to get an offer from any college though tbh!

Hi fellow Christ’s applicant! :biggrin: Which course are you applying for?
Original post by Doonesbury
I'd guess approx 2,500. That's the approx number of applicants.

Why?

Just wanted to get a better view of it all. I know for a fact that there were about 10-15 people taking the test in the Netherlands.

So we're direct competitors!
So we're direct competitors!

Me too! Biological applicant here :wink:
Original post by eloquent45
Me too! Biological applicant here :wink:

Ah so not quite as direct then. I mean you are just gonna be saying the mitochondria is the power house of the cell in your interview and I'm going to be trying to do some really hard electromagnetism problem :P.
Ah so not quite as direct then. I mean you are just gonna be saying the mitochondria is the power house of the cell in your interview and I'm going to be trying to do some really hard electromagnetism problem :P.

Exactly.. (anyway, seems like this is the only thread where I could spot 2 Christ’s Natsci applicants in a single scroll).

Do you think they make us compete against each other, or.. all the biosci with the other biosci?
Exactly.. (anyway, seems like this is the only thread where I could spot 2 Christ’s Natsci applicants in a single scroll).

Do you think they make us compete against each other, or.. all the biosci with the other biosci?

Yeah I think they aim to have a certain number of physical and a certain number of biological. I guess they want all the lecture series to have an ample number of people doing them.
Reply 78
Yeah I think they aim to have a certain number of physical and a certain number of biological. I guess they want all the lecture series to have an ample number of people doing them.

It doesn't quite work like that - the Bio vs Physical thing is only to help guide the interviewers, from then on (including Offers) everyone is a NatSci. After all, you can pick any modules you like in Y1 so long as you have any pre-required A-levels etc.
Original post by Doonesbury
It doesn't quite work like that - the Bio vs Physical thing is only to help guide the interviewers, from then on (including Offers) everyone is a NatSci. After all, you can pick any modules you like in Y1 so long as you have any pre-required A-levels etc.

I'm fairly sure I've heard ATs say they aim to have certain numbers of bio and phys though. I guess they might use chemistry as a way to directly compare physical and bio natscis though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending