The Student Room Group

Putting current grades as predicted

I am applying for 6th form soon and my school puts our current grades as our predicted grades. I am worried the sixth form are gonna think I am STUPID and not let me in as they have high grade requirements and it isn't my fault in the beginning of the year i am not my end result. I am worried.
It should be fine because you will get interviews and you can use this time to explain. My 6th form also asked for a reference about my academics in which case your teachers will make it clear of your actual ability. Hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by Bells Scott
It should be fine because you will get interviews and you can use this time to explain. My 6th form also asked for a reference about my academics in which case your teachers will make it clear of your actual ability. Hope this helps

I Hope it does as the schools I actually want to go are oversubscribed.Thanks tho
This is british, right? I'm an American, and learned You're education system is very terrible. I'm sorry, for that. Goodluck!
Original post by ezaz001
I am applying for 6th form soon and my school puts our current grades as our predicted grades. I am worried the sixth form are gonna think I am STUPID and not let me in as they have high grade requirements and it isn't my fault in the beginning of the year i am not my end result. I am worried.

I'm literally in the exact same position as you, so annoying and scary because my mocks are in just above a week and I want to apply to a grammar for sixth form. Just because of the imbeciles who don't revise for their actual GCSE and underperform, the school stops trusting the entire year :argh:
Original post by Officer Deeznuts
This is british, right? I'm an American, and learned You're education system is very terrible. I'm sorry, for that. Goodluck!

It's far better than the American system - every student I've taught from there has been years behind.
Original post by ezaz001

How bad are the grades?

Ngl I wrote fake predicted grades, I basically predicted myself grades, because colleges don't really check. But I chose grades that I actually ended up getting so I guess it was fine in the end lmao.

I think I wrote 4 A 6 B or something and I ended up getting 1 A* 2 A's 4 B's 3 C's all those years ago.

They don't usually care what you're predicted just so long as you meet the minimum entry requirements of the A Level's you want to do e.g. Maths is usually a B for GCSE so long as you're predicted B you're usually fine.
Original post by Muttley79
It's far better than the American system - every student I've taught from there has been years behind.

That is because, a lot of our students here, don't care about their education. That for, it is not the Systems fault. You a British college professor?
Reply 8
Original post by korosensei
I'm literally in the exact same position as you, so annoying and scary because my mocks are in just above a week and I want to apply to a grammar for sixth form. Just because of the imbeciles who don't revise for their actual GCSE and underperform, the school stops trusting the entire year :argh:

Really I thought i was the only one so do you also have to put your current grades as predicted.
Reply 9
Original post by yellowcopter
How bad are the grades?

Ngl I wrote fake predicted grades, I basically predicted myself grades, because colleges don't really check. But I chose grades that I actually ended up getting so I guess it was fine in the end lmao.

I think I wrote 4 A 6 B or something and I ended up getting 1 A* 2 A's 4 B's 3 C's all those years ago.

They don't usually care what you're predicted just so long as you meet the minimum entry requirements of the A Level's you want to do e.g. Maths is usually a B for GCSE so long as you're predicted B you're usually fine.

Sadly our school checks it before they send it off. I hate them.
Original post by ezaz001
Really I thought i was the only one so do you also have to put your current grades as predicted.

Well, I'm going to get mocks, and then I'm going to get my mock results and 'those will be my predicted grades'...
It would be a miracle if my mock grades would get bumped up but they probably won't, since even my end of topic report grades are no longer 'forecasted'... RIP.
Original post by ezaz001
Sadly our school checks it before they send it off. I hate them.

How college applications are independent, just send it off without telling them
Reply 12
Original post by yellowcopter
How college applications are independent, just send it off without telling them

they require a reference

Quick Reply

Latest