The Student Room Group

Crush keeps confusing me

Hi
So I met this guy on my course who I really liked. We used to go on trips together, he used to make me lunch.

During my period, I got emotional and told him that I like him, he told me he sees me as a friend.
Last week we went to the cinema together.
Today he has invited me over for lunch. What should I do?
Keep being his Friend? never know, things could change.
Reply 2
Original post by JDieMstr
Keep being his Friend? never know, things could change.

Yes but I don’t want to keep being led on.
Just go, he's not leading you on at all, he's being a normal friend. Like someone said, it could end up how you want it to :wink:
U should go.. Soon he will realize that u mean something for him..
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
So I met this guy on my course who I really liked. We used to go on trips together, he used to make me lunch.

During my period, I got emotional and told him that I like him, he told me he sees me as a friend.
Last week we went to the cinema together.
Today he has invited me over for lunch. What should I do?

sorry that this isnt help full beacasue i have litterary 0 experience with relationships but i just wanted to say this post was very cute
Yes but I don’t want to keep being led on.

You're not being lead on lol. He just told you he's not interested in a relationship.

Just go, he's not leading you on at all, he's being a normal friend. Like someone said, it could end up how you want it to :wink:

lmao don't get her hopes up. That's just setting her up for dissapointment. She should just assume he's not interested so she doesn't get all heart broken.

Original post by Sonal Maharjan
U should go.. Soon he will realize that u mean something for him..

That's a very *****y thing to do to someone thats been making you lunch etc.

oh nvm thought you meant go as in ghost him lol.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by ChickenMadness
You're not being lead on lol. He just told you he's not interested in a relationship.

lmao don't get her hopes up. That's just setting her up for dissapointment. She should just assume he's not interested so she doesn't get all heart broken.

That's a very *****y thing to do to someone thats been making you lunch etc.

oh nvm thought you meant go as in ghost him lol.

So he made both lunch and dinner. But am going to go with the flow and not expect him to like me.
I can’t force feelings really.
Ghosting is hard since we’re on the same course but I wish I could
So he made both lunch and dinner. But am going to go with the flow and not expect him to like me.
I can’t force feelings really.
Ghosting is hard since we’re on the same course but I wish I could

Were there other people having lunch and dinner with y'all? If the answer is yes then at the very least he genuinely cares about and respects you as a friend - and there is nothing wrong with that! :smile:

But, if it is just you and he's made you lunch and you either stayed and he made you dinner or you returned another time for dinner..... well most guys don't invite their female buddies over to make a meal for them if they're not with a group. Are you two studying together or working on a project? If he's invited you just to hang out and not because of a friend group or for an academic reason then - not to get your hopes up - but that's sounds somewhat hopeful.

I'd suggest you just view this as a friendship - but can certainly see how it is confusing. Maybe he's confused himself and perhaps lacks some confidence as well. Regardless of just friendship (or more) there are certainly worse ways to spend your time then hanging out w/ your crush who likes making meals for you!! :u:
Reply 9
Original post by Hopefully1
Were there other people having lunch and dinner with y'all? If the answer is yes then at the very least he genuinely cares about and respects you as a friend - and there is nothing wrong with that! :smile:

But, if it is just you and he's made you lunch and you either stayed and he made you dinner or you returned another time for dinner..... well most guys don't invite their female buddies over to make a meal for them if they're not with a group. Are you two studying together or working on a project? If he's invited you just to hang out and not because of a friend group or for an academic reason then - not to get your hopes up - but that's sounds somewhat hopeful.

I'd suggest you just view this as a friendship - but can certainly see how it is confusing. Maybe he's confused himself and perhaps lacks some confidence as well. Regardless of just friendship (or more) there are certainly worse ways to spend your time then hanging out w/ your crush who likes making meals for you!! :u:

Hi
It was just us together so we were not in a group. He suggested we do work together after and then he made dinner.

Idk when I told him how I felt, his answers didn’t seem that straightforward and he didn’t want to look me in the eye. But he later messaged me and said he saw me as a friend. He did tell me he wasn’t confident that much as well.
Or maybe he’s lonely, he’s been texting more than usual about what he’s always doing and asking what am up to.

I suppose he does it for all his friends.
But you two have gotten together just the two of you since you told him that, right? Well, I certainly don't have the answers you're seeking but I think
he thinks highly of you regardless of friends or more. I doubt he hangs out with all his friends preparing meals and looking for other things to do together. He's just not in a secure place within himself is my guess. I think you should continue to enjoy his company but if another guy comes along don't hesitate to go out with that guy based on what your friend might think. It is his risk that you may find someone else romantically.

Best of luck!
Original post by Hopefully1
But you two have gotten together just the two of you since you told him that, right? Well, I certainly don't have the answers you're seeking but I think
he thinks highly of you regardless of friends or more. I doubt he hangs out with all his friends preparing meals and looking for other things to do together. He's just not in a secure place within himself is my guess. I think you should continue to enjoy his company but if another guy comes along don't hesitate to go out with that guy based on what your friend might think. It is his risk that you may find someone else romantically.

Best of luck!

Thanks a lot for your advice.
I spent time with him and his friends during the Christmas market and they left us together because they thought we were ‘dating’
He even suggested we go for a day trip together to Glasgow.
He went on to say how he was insecure of himself and hates rejection. I’m probably overthinking everything but I don’t want to say No to all the invites.
I messed up by telling him I liked him 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending