The Student Room Group

The real agenda about the sexual scandal hypersensitivity

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by joecphillips
At college a female touched my shoulder was I sexually harassed?

Original post by ByEeek
Look up the word grope when you have stopped being melodramatic.

I have noticed females are much more likely to accuse undesirable males of sexual harassment than attractive males. that harvey is hardly a looker is he. ben affleck "sexually harassed" hilarie burton years ago and recently apologised ..and when i watched the actual video on it and her comments at the time she was laughing and smiling over it while telling the presenter what happened. had it been fat old harvey ....she wouldn't have been acting that way, and we'd probably see another case against him hit the headlines...

tbh it sounds like harvey was at least probably raping women so for that he should go to jail, but i can't help but think if he was actually good looking he wouldn't be facing such a avalanche of accusers right now

if i'm being honest men as well are guilty of pointing the finger over things they wouldn't have if they had actually found the person attractive. there was a 17 straight boy who woke up in bed with kevin spacey cuddling his stomach and now he has made an accusation of sexual harassment after like 30 years.

let me ask you all, that if kevin spacey had been an attractive 20 year old woman who unsolicited hugged his stomach do you think this person would be complaining now?

the complaint was more due to the fact the boy was straight and was not happy about a gay man coming onto him than the morality of sexual harrassment.

sexual harassment = you made an unsolicited move on me and i don't find you attractive and i'm salty over it
Original post by ANM775
I have noticed females are much more likely to accuse undesirable males of sexual harassment than attractive males. that harvey is hardly a looker is he. ben affleck "sexually harassed" hilarie burton years ago and recently apologised ..and when i watched the actual video on it and her comments at the time she was laughing and smiling over it while telling the presenter what happened. had it been fat old harvey ....she wouldn't have been acting that way, and we'd probably see another case against him hit the headlines...

tbh it sounds like harvey was at least probably raping women so for that he should go to jail, but i can't help but think if he was actually good looking he wouldn't be facing such a avalanche of accusers right now

if i'm being honest men as well are guilty of pointing the finger over things they wouldn't have if they had actually found the person attractive. there was a 17 straight boy who woke up in bed with kevin spacey cuddling his stomach and now he has made an accusation of sexual harassment after like 30 years.

let me ask you all, that if kevin spacey had been an attractive 20 year old woman who unsolicited hugged his stomach do you think this person would be complaining now?

the complaint was more due to the fact the boy was straight and was not happy about a gay man coming onto him than the morality of sexual harrassment.

sexual harassment = you made an unsolicited move on me and i don't find you attractive and i'm salty over it

Yes, if this is response to a single pass, it’s either using the law to keep the undesirables away (a coward) or a weapon to attack someone with.
Original post by Airplanebee2
I am in a long term relationship and don’t seek out anyone so it doesn’t really apply to me these days. If I was single I would just spend time with a woman and then make a move.

So let’s not dodge the question. At some point in time you will have made a move in your misses. Did you get her to sign a consent form?

Who mentioned consent forms? Looks like you can’t help yourself from committing fallacies.

As to the second part, what is appropriate and what is inappropriate.

Do you have amnesia? We’ve already discussed this ad nauseam. You’re more than welcome to go back, read, and then quote me if you need me to elaborate.

Once I was walking through Hyde Park and an extremely almost unreality heavy rain stared. I headed to the nearest tree and shorty after than a young pretty single woman headed there. We talked for a couple of minutes and then it just seemed right to kiss she reciprocated. It was a real proper long kiss. We sealed numbers after but I never followed up, because it seemed good for the moment.

Is that appropriate / inappropriate?

That’s a nice story. Too bad it has nothing to do with sexual harassment at work and/or the Westminster scandal.

Supposing she has not keen on the move, would I then deserve to have my life ruined and be paraded on the BBC (British broadcasting of cultural-Marxism) channel.

If you were a government official representing the British government, and you consistently failed to misjudge the situation and appealed to ignorance having made mutiple women uncomfortable, then sure. If you randomly touched someone’s knee in a professional setting and made lewd comments, you should have the book thrown at you.

Who knows in the terms of all this P.C. bull ? I live my life as much agains those PC principles as I can.

Common decency is PC now? Jeez, that last sentence is very cringeworthy. You sound like an edgy troll.
No one does. We are not discussing situations where someone comes up to someone at their desk and puts their hand down their top.

We are talking about adult making passes at adults in social situations, parties, events, at trips to the pub, when they happen to be related through work in some way.

So a woman attending a social event related to work as fair game? Really? Without any sort of prompting, it is acceptable to walk up to her and start touching her up? Are you from 1856?
Original post by ANM775
I have noticed females are much more likely to accuse undesirable males of sexual harassment than attractive males.

By females and males I take it you mean women and men?

I find that women are more likely to report men who sexually harass them. What has this got to do with looks?

Again - you seem to be looking for excuses for men. I find that rather sad. Men who abuse women in any shape or form are utterly despicable. It isn't a slur against men in general. It is a slur against those who harass others for their own personal gains or satisfactions. They should be punished accordingly.
Original post by ANM775

Attractive people get away with a lot of things, but attractiveness isn’t really a relevant factor when power and status come into play. Look at the way Jimmy Savile fearlessly and shamelessly molests a woman on live TV:

[video="youtube;CEZH2rmk11c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEZH2rmk11c[/video]

Now read some of the comments dismissing the incident as just normal, lad behaviour. The woman is visibly smiling, and the cretins actually think she’s enjoying herself. I think the video speaks for itself. Just goes to show power can make you so immune that you don’t even try to hide it.
Original post by ByEeek
So a woman attending a social event related to work as fair game? Really? Without any sort of prompting, it is acceptable to walk up to her and start touching her up? Are you from 1856?

I didn’t use any scenario about walking up to someone and kissing them. I am assuming the person has been know from anything from that evening to a long time.

I have had many situations in my life where light sexual activity has occurred spontaneously like the time in the park I described above. We’re the lady concerned to not like it and report me to the police saying someone letched over her, would I deserve to have my life ruined?

Another example when I was a student I left a disco with a girl, and a bit later tried to kiss her. She declined. That was absolutely fine. Do you think if she reported me to the police and said some guy tried to touch her, I should have my life ruined.

This question is accompanied with the question, to you or anyone else in a relationship, did the femme sign a consent form before you touched the first time?

I can see what you are doing, you want to paint the most extreme pictures of people walking up to strangers they don’t know any anyway and doing something sexual.

That is because you want to try to steer away from the fact that normal initiation of normal sexual relations could be constituted as a sexual harassment under the current definition - if the guy is rejected and someone wants to call the advance sexual harassment.

So effectively your lovely new PC definition means that a guy is taking a risk of having their life ruined every time they initiate sexual relations with a women they have not done this with before.

I
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by ByEeek
By females and males I take it you mean women and men?

I find that women are more likely to report men who sexually harass them. What has this got to do with looks?

Again - you seem to be looking for excuses for men. I find that rather sad. Men who abuse women in any shape or form are utterly despicable. It isn't a slur against men in general. It is a slur against those who harass others for their own personal gains or satisfactions. They should be punished accordingly.

yes I mean men and women,

and I have definitely noticed that the less conventionally attractive the male is, the more offended the women get over comments/octopus hands.

Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Attractive people get away with a lot of things, but attractiveness isn’t really a relevant factor when power and status come into play. Look at the way Jimmy Savile fearlessly and shamelessly molests a woman on live TV:

[video="youtube;CEZH2rmk11c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEZH2rmk11c[/video]

Now read some of the comments dismissing the incident as just normal, lad behaviour. The woman is visibly smiling, and the cretins actually think she’s enjoying herself. I think the video speaks for itself. Just goes to show power can make you so immune that you don’t even try to hide it.

At first I watched the clip and thought to myself sexual assault? where?
then I rewatched it again ..and saw the woman jump and saw saville behind her, is this what you are referring to? given his reputation one may assume he grabbed her somewhere.

is this a confirmed incident? did the woman make a complaint? or has some eagle-eyed viewer being going over old footage and noticed something.

If it is indeed saville grabbing a woman ass unsolicited then yes, that is technically sexual assault.
the people saying she looks happy do have somewhat of a point though..
If the woman in question were to have made a complaint around the time of the incident to someone then I can accept [despite the smiling] that the incident was traumatic for her..
however, if she's just making a complaint recently [upon seeing all the others when the scandle broke a few years ago] then I really must question if the incident was really that bad for her, or if she is just bandwagon jumping.

if the incident is bad, why not report it at the time?

I personally take the incidents where people have been "sexually assaulted" and complained about it at the time, or tried to complain about it with much more seriousness and weight ....than the people who don't say anything at all at the time, and maybe smile, and then are jumping on the bandwagon like 40 years later.

with the amount of allegations about saville, i do believe he is guilty of rape and sexually assualt and should be punished [if he was still alive]

but i do also feel like there are probably a fair few bandwagon jumpers who weren't really fussed at the time over the sexual assault, but upon seeing in it the news, decided to say "me too!" just for the sake of it

if the woman was raped, and is only saying something now ... I won't be callous enough to say it never meant nothing to them at the time. but if people are only just coming forward and complaining about a slap on the bum which happened 40 years ago or something, then sorry then i really do wonder..............

and tbh, in regards to sexual assault, it seems like things have changed a lot over the years. back when i was in school in the late 90's early 2000s both boys and girls were grabbing each others private parts and stuff unsolicited ...and it never even entered anyone's head to "call the police" or try and report them. As a male i had my ass grabbed several times, balls cuffed once, and was grinded up on against my will once ...all by females. There was even an incident where a kid went up behind a girl and pinched her ass with such impact that the dress moved up so you could see half of her bum and knickers. The deputy head [who was female] witnessed the incident also, and all she did was screwed up her face somewhat ...and then went about her normal business. Attitudes seem to have changed a lot even since then, with young people taking stuff deemed sexual harassment much more seriously.

scroll down, and look at the chart regarding wolf wistling

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/07/07/wolf-whistling-compliment-and-just-bit-harmless-fu/

attitudes have totally changed. stuff that was once not seen as sexual harassment now is

but people are getting reprimanded for stuff they did in the past where it was seen as acceptable. If all a man did [and to me it looks like saville and harvey did more than this so don't say i'm trying to say they should walk free] is slap a womans ass in the 70's, and the woman is only just complaining now then as a judge i would just totally dismiss that case tbh,
Original post by ANM775

Oh where to start - the fear of not being believed, the fear of if it's someone you know, what would he do to you and possibly your family. We're not talking about some minor law breaking here.

Not sexual harassment; but I was harassed by a now-ex friend of mine and went to police about it. Their response? Oh he's doing nothing wrong and it's you with the problem. I then found myself in the **** situation where someone else was doing the same and decided telling the police was a waste of time and instead asked someone to have a word with the guy. I was told the same - it's not his fault and I'm the one with the problem.
(edited 6 years ago)

Another example when I was a student I left a disco with a girl, and a bit later tried to kiss her. She declined. That was absolutely fine. Do you think if she reported me to the police and said some guy tried to touch her, I should have my life ruined.

It is interesting that you cite this example especially when sexual harassment and assault in universities is at a very high level.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11343380/Sexually-assault-1-in-3-UK-female-students-victim-on-campus.html

Frankly - yes, your life should be ruined. Why did you try to kiss someone who clearly did not want to be kissed? Would you make the same excuse if you had tried to hit someone but they ducked - no harm done right? Or perhaps if you tried to steal from a shop but accidentally dropped the iPhone just as you were leaving the shop - no harm done right? Or drove at 70mph through a 30mph zone but didn't hit a small child - no harm done right? Your life doesn't deserve to be ruined for any of those small "mistakes"? Yes - it bloomin does.

The problem is that you have absolutely no idea how the girl you tried to kiss felt about that situation or the impact of that "mistake" on her life. Even if you asked she no doubt shrugged it off to get you off her back. But that won't be the whole story and you have no clue. Meanwhile you are trying to justify that no impact should occur to your life if she did decide to raise her concerns, yet if you had kept your lips to yourself, there would be no case to answer.

You are basically saying, "Its all a bit of banter - no harm done." But the general ground swell of opinion is that actually, a lot of harm is being done but it is remaining hidden and now is the time to stand up and say enough is enough,

It really is as simple as drinking tea - ask first. It isn't hard to say, "May I kiss you?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZwvrxVavnQ
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ByEeek
It is interesting that you cite this example especially when sexual harassment and assault in universities is at a very high level.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11343380/Sexually-assault-1-in-3-UK-female-students-victim-on-campus.html

Frankly - yes, your life should be ruined. Why did you try to kiss someone who clearly did not want to be kissed? Would you make the same excuse if you had tried to hit someone but they ducked - no harm done right? Or perhaps if you tried to steal from a shop but accidentally dropped the iPhone just as you were leaving the shop - no harm done right? Or drove at 70mph through a 30mph zone but didn't hit a small child - no harm done right? Your life doesn't deserve to be ruined for any of those small "mistakes"? Yes - it bloomin does.

The problem is that you have absolutely no idea how the girl you tried to kiss felt about that situation or the impact of that "mistake" on her life. Even if you asked she no doubt shrugged it off to get you off her back. But that won't be the whole story and you have no clue. Meanwhile you are trying to justify that no impact should occur to your life if she did decide to raise her concerns, yet if you had kept your lips to yourself, there would be no case to answer.

You are basically saying, "Its all a bit of banter - no harm done." But the general ground swell of opinion is that actually, a lot of harm is being done but it is remaining hidden and now is the time to stand up and say enough is enough,

It really is as simple as drinking tea - ask first. It isn't hard to say, "May I kiss you?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZwvrxVavnQ

Original post by ByEeek

The problem is that you have absolutely no idea how the girl you tried to kiss felt about that situation or the impact of that "mistake" on her life. Even if you asked she no doubt shrugged it off to get you off her back.

Its not the same thing as Jimmy Saville touching someone up because it is often assumed that if you walk off with a girl you’re going to do something sexual - it was a social norm.

Impact of that mistake on her life? Are you crazy? It turned out that she had a boyfriend at home hence didn’t want to kiss anyone. And we become friends for a while.

Women don’t have respect fir men who treat them like glass. Ohh I’m so sorry for this, so sorry for that, do you mind if touch your arm. And you wouldn’t be able to tease them. They will just look for a guy who is more fun.

Hence what you are saying is that if a bloke does not have psychic abilities and once makes a mistake, his life should be ruined. And this come from the same people who gave us “scrap male and female in case it offends transgenders .”

I have had women make a first move and kiss me before. If I didn’t want it, would you want them charges with sexual assault? (Or is this just sexism against men?)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
yes I mean men and women,

and I have definitely noticed that the less conventionally attractive the male is, the more offended the women get over comments/octopus hands.

At first I watched the clip and thought to myself sexual assault? where?
then I rewatched it again ..and saw the woman jump and saw saville behind her, is this what you are referring to? given his reputation one may assume he grabbed her somewhere.

is this a confirmed incident? did the woman make a complaint? or has some eagle-eyed viewer being going over old footage and noticed something.

Yes it’s a confirmed incident and yes, she did report it. But of course, she was told to shut up about it. Is it really a surprise that the victims were scared to report such incidents, or just didn’t bother knowing that no one would take them seriously? The overwhelming majority of rape victims still don’t report it; does that mean they enjoy it? What kind of a sick, deluded mentality do you have that you can’t seem to comprehend that people who don’t report the incident or even awkwardly laugh it off are nevertheless affected by it? Savile knew people would make excuses for him just like you’re doing right now. He was emboldened enough to sexually assault someone on live TV; what do you think he may have done in private? And if an ugly old guy like Savile could get away with it, imagine how *****y it must have been for women working in these areas throughout the last few decades?

If it is indeed saville grabbing a woman ass unsolicited then yes, that is technically sexual assault.
the people saying she looks happy do have somewhat of a point though..

No they don’t.

If the woman in question were to have made a complaint around the time of the incident to someone then I can accept [despite the smiling] that the incident was traumatic for her..
however, if she's just making a complaint recently [upon seeing all the others when the scandle broke a few years ago] then I really must question if the incident was really that bad for her, or if she is just bandwagon jumping.

Are you really stupid enough to ask why sexual assault is still widely under-reported despite the changes in societal attitudes?

I personally take the incidents where people have been "sexually assaulted" and complained about it at the time, or tried to complain about it with much more seriousness and weight ....than the people who don't say anything at all at the time, and maybe smile, and then are jumping on the bandwagon like 40 years later.

with the amount of allegations about saville, i do believe he is guilty of rape and sexually assualt and should be punished [if he was still alive]

He’s not alive. He’s dead. That’s justice denied thanks to apologists like you who are inclined to give him the benefit of thhe doubt because the victims were too scared to report him or as you put it, “seemed to be smiling”. What a shame.

but i do also feel like there are probably a fair few bandwagon jumpers who weren't really fussed at the time over the sexual assault, but upon seeing in it the news, decided to say "me too!" just for the sake of it

Are you a psychic? How do you know they weren’t affected at the time? After all these years it’s likely that they have moved on; does this mean they are no longer entitled to report crimes that took places years ago now that others are also coming forward? Is that really a bad thing according to you? Do you realise why people are encouraged to report crimes in greater numbers?

if the woman was raped, and is only saying something now ... I won't be callous enough to say it never meant nothing to them at the time.

Wow, how kind and understanding of you(!) But wait a minute...what if the woman enjoyed being raped? According to you if she’s smiling about it a few years later (perhaps as a coping mechanism that allows her to move forward), then hmmm, we need to give the rapist the benefit of the doubt. Just a bit of harmless fun, right?

but if people are only just coming forward and complaining about a slap on the bum which happened 40 years ago or something, then sorry then i really do wonder..............

and tbh, in regards to sexual assault, it seems like things have changed a lot over the years. back when i was in school in the late 90's early 2000s both boys and girls were grabbing each others private parts and stuff unsolicited ...and it never even entered anyone's head to "call the police" or try and report them. As a male i had my ass grabbed several times, balls cuffed once, and was grinded up on against my will once ...all by females. There was even an incident where a kid went up behind a girl and pinched her ass with such impact that the dress moved up so you could see half of her bum and knickers. The deputy head [who was female] witnessed the incident also, and all she did was screwed up her face somewhat ...and then went about her normal business. Attitudes seem to have changed a lot even since then, with young people taking stuff deemed sexual harassment much more seriously.

It was also acceptable to rape your wife back then. Oh how times have changed indeed. Poor kids aren’t allowed to sexually harass each other anymore! Of course it never entered anyone’s mind to report those instances. I’ve had my ass grabbed and punched in clubs too. How exactly would reporting it help if apologists like you would rather laugh it off and ignore it?

scroll down, and look at the chart regarding wolf wistling

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/07/07/wolf-whistling-compliment-and-just-bit-harmless-fu/

attitudes have totally changed. stuff that was once not seen as sexual harassment now is

but people are getting reprimanded for stuff they did in the past where it was seen as acceptable. If all a man did [and to me it looks like saville and harvey did more than this so don't say i'm trying to say they should walk free] is slap a womans ass in the 70's, and the woman is only just complaining now then as a judge i would just totally dismiss that case tbh,

Well thank God you’re not a judge then. You’ve probably groped women based on how desperate you are to convey that it’s just normal lad behaviour (even OP didn’t go that far, and he’s a slimy character himself), so I wouldn’t care about your judgement in this issue. We’ve still got a long way to go in terms of changing societal attitudes, but at least legislation is catching up. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Yes it’s a confirmed incident and yes, she did report it. But of course, she was told to shut up about it. Is it really a surprise that the victims were scared to report such incidents, or just didn’t bother knowing that no one would take them seriously? The overwhelming majority of rape victims still don’t report it; does that mean they enjoy it? What kind of a sick, deluded mentality do you have that you can’t seem to comprehend that people who don’t report the incident or even awkwardly laugh it off are nevertheless affected by it? Savile knew people would make excuses for him just like you’re doing right now. He was emboldened enough to sexually assault someone on live TV; what do you think he may have done in private? And if an ugly old guy like Savile could get away with it, imagine how *****y it must have been for women working in these areas throughout the last few decades?

No they don’t.

Are you really stupid enough to ask why sexual assault is still widely under-reported despite the changes in societal attitudes?

He’s not alive. He’s dead. That’s justice denied thanks to apologists like you who are inclined to give him the benefit of thhe doubt because the victims were too scared to report him or as you put it, “seemed to be smiling”. What a shame.

Are you a psychic? How do you know they weren’t affected at the time? After all these years it’s likely that they have moved on; does this mean they are no longer entitled to report crimes that took places years ago now that others are also coming forward? Is that really a bad thing according to you? Do you realise why people are encouraged to report crimes in greater numbers?

Wow, how kind and understanding of you(!)

It was also acceptable to rape your wife back then. Oh how times have changed indeed. Poor kids aren’t allowed to sexually harass each other anymore! Of course it never entered anyone’s mind to report those instances. I’ve had my ass grabbed and punched in clubs too. How exactly would reporting it help if apologists like you would rather laugh it off and ignore it?

Well thank God you’re not a judge then. You’ve probably groped women based on how desperate you are to convey that it’s just normal lad behaviour (even OP didn’t go that far, and he’s a slimy character himself), so I wouldn’t care about your judgement in this issue. We’ve still got a long way to go in terms of changing societal attitudes, but at least legislation is catching up. :smile:

If she did indeed report it at the time, then I can much more easily accept the behavior was troubling and unacceptable to her...however, there's an awful lot of bandwagon jumping currently going on i feel, and if persons are indeed coming forward with incidents like bum slaps after 40 years after smiling about it then i'm sorry ....but i'm not going to take that person too seriously. If that makes me have a "sick deluded mentality" then so be it.

If she really did complain about it at the time and people did absolutely nothing then that isn't ok imo

still no one has addressed the point i bought up about that straight dude accusing kevin spacey of sexual harassment basically off the fact that he felt put out that a gay man hugged him unsolicited.

if kevin spacey had been an attractive 20 year old female hugging him unsolicited like that you would not be hearing sexual harassment claims being brought against him.

so what does that say about many of these sexual harassment claims, if a guy would let an attractive female hug him like that and get away with it, but kick up a huge fuss with the police about a gay man doing it. Same "crime", totally different reaction.

and no I've never groped a woman, the last time I "groped" someone was a girl when I was in school at age 12, and she was 13/14 ...and I grabbed her behind unsolicited. I'm sure you will start calling me a sex offender or something lol based off this ....but males and females were both doing stuff like this to each other back then, and as I pointed out in my last post it wasn't a massive deal. If you read in my other post I had stuff like this done to me too by females. The last time I was "groped" if you want to call it that was at age 26 in a club where some girl just sort of grabbed my ass unsolicited. It wasn't a big deal to me.

The last time I experienced something which could be classed as sexual harassment was several months ago whilst walking past some mid teen girls and one of them going "hello darling", there has been a few occasions as well where I have been catcalled from moving vehicles.

It is not something I would ever consider reporting or going to the police about, even though there were actually two instances where I was actually angry over it because the women were being too disrespectful I feel.

anyways, i've said my peace on this. I can't be bothered to go back and arguing till the cows come home.
Original post by ANM775
If she did indeed report it at the time, then I can much more easily accept the behavior was troubling and unacceptable to her...however, there's an awful lot of bandwagon jumping currently going on i feel, and if persons are indeed coming forward with incidents like bum slaps after 40 years after smiling about it then i'm sorry ....but i'm not going to take that person too seriously. If that makes me have a "sick deluded mentality" then so be it.

If she really did complain about it at the time and people did absolutely nothing then that isn't ok imo

still no one has addressed the point i bought up about that straight dude accusing kevin spacey of sexual harassment basically off the fact that he felt put out that a gay man hugged him unsolicited.

if kevin spacey had been an attractive 20 year old female hugging him unsolicited like that you would not be hearing sexual harassment claims being brought against him.

so what does that say about many of these sexual harassment claims, if a guy would let an attractive female hug him like that and get away with it, but kick up a huge fuss with the police about a gay man doing it. Same "crime", totally different reaction.

and no I've never groped a woman, the last time I "groped" someone was a girl when I was in school at age 12, and she was 13/14 ...and I grabbed her behind unsolicited. I'm sure you will start calling me a sex offender or something lol based off this ....but males and females were both doing stuff like this to each other back then, and as I pointed out in my last post it wasn't a massive deal. If you read in my other post I had stuff like this done to me too by females. The last time I was "groped" if you want to call it that was at age 26 in a club where some girl just sort of grabbed my ass unsolicited. It wasn't a big deal to me.

The last time I experienced something which could be classed as sexual harassment was several months ago whilst walking past some mid teen girls and one of them going "hello darling", there has been a few occasions as well where I have been catcalled from moving vehicles.

It is not something I would ever consider reporting or going to the police about, even though there were actually two instances where I was actually angry over it because the women were being too disrespectful I feel.

anyways, i've said my peace on this. I can't be bothered to go back and arguing till the cows come home.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. We have to ask these people if they want to apply their outrageous theories to a women, and put a woman in jail who blows an unsolicited kiss or grabs a bloke?

But what concerns me more than this stuff is men making a first move with someone they are spending time with, as a move towards a sexual relationship. These people want to say that if it is rejected, it should be classed as a criminal act.

Agains we need to ask these people if a women initiates and it’s rejected, whether we should prosecute the woman and apply their same mad theories.

Of course liberals say things like “black people cant be racist - racism is prejudice plus power” so no doubt in their deluded reality, women can’t be sexist and men need to be prosecuted for “offending” a woman with an unwanted advance but it’s ok for women.

Liberals are maddening. They always take everything to the n’th debate. Something starts as action against rape which is justified, and then ends with action against people who stare at someone for more than 5 seconds - and only against “oppressor” groups not “oppressed” groups:

It Russia invaded this country, I honestly would not fight. I would say good.

But what concerns me more than this stuff is men making a first move with someone they are spending time with, as a move towards a sexual relationship. These people want to say that if it is rejected, it should be classed as a criminal act.

Where has anyone said that? There's a huge difference between asking someone out and respecting their wishes when they tell you know and still trying it on when they've made it clear they have no interest in dating you. I've unfortunately met quite a few men who think the latter is ok.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Where has anyone said that? There's a huge difference between asking someone out and respecting their wishes when they tell you know and still trying it on when they've made it clear they have no interest in dating you. I've unfortunately met quite a few men who think the latter is ok.

Read back through the history of this thread, one use said that my life should be ruined because years ago I left a student disco with a girl, tried to kiss her snd she was not interested.

This country is now run by people like that.
Its not the same thing as Jimmy Saville touching someone up because it is often assumed that if you walk off with a girl you’re going to do something sexual - it was a social norm.

Indeed. And past social norms as you put it included drink driving, driving without a seat belt, smoking in bars and restaurants, smoking around kids, getting your kids to buy cigarettes from the local off license for you etc etc. And thankfully, all those social norms are no more.

You are trivialising what to many women is not trivial. Here is Jo Brand putting forward the woman's point of view very succinctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKdpZ-MKsQE
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ByEeek
Indeed. And past social norms as you put it included drink driving, driving without a seat belt, smoking in bars and restaurants, smoking around kids, getting your kids to buy cigarettes from the local off license for you etc etc. And thankfully, all those social norms are no more.

You are trivialising what to many women is not trivial. Here is Jo Brand putting forward the woman's point of view more very succinctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKdpZ-MKsQE

Jo Brand made a career out of making jokes against men. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with jokiest but if someone made jokes about women, the postmodernists would tear them to bits. Jo Brand said that black peoples can’t be racist because racism is prejudice plus power. She is clearly a raging postmodernist who wants to use double standards as a weapon, one view to one group and another view to another groups. She has an agenda.
Basically, if you are a straight male, don't do anything to a woman that you are not in a relationship with if you wouldn't feel comfortable with a man doing the same to you. Airplanebee2: If you're comfortable with a male boss putting his hand on your knee at work and kissing you on the cheek then at least that doesn't make you a hypocrite.
Jo Brand made a career out of making jokes against men. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with jokiest but if someone made jokes about women, the postmodernists would tear them to bits. Jo Brand said that black peoples can’t be racist because racism is prejudice plus power. She is clearly a raging postmodernist who wants to use double standards as a weapon, one view to one group and another view to another groups. She has an agenda.

Rather than critiquing Jo Brand as a comedian, why don't you actually watch the clip? It is only a minute long. And in that time she completely bats Ian Heslop's remark (which is very much along the same lines as your thinking) that much of these allegations of harassment is hardly high profile.

Her response was broadly along the line that yes, they are quite trivial but when working in a place like the Palace of Westminster if such small and trivial harassment are repeated time and time again, over a period of time they weigh you down.

Your failed attempt to kiss a girl in a nightclub could be put down to poor form and bad luck, but if you were the 20th bloke there that night that tried to kiss her, she probably had a pretty crappy evening, especially if she only went out to have a good time with her mates.

It seems you still don't get it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending