The Student Room Group

What popular singers do you dislike?

Scroll to see replies

Almost all of them.
Not a singer, but I think Red Hot Chilli Peppers make really generic and boring music. Unfortunately pretty much every 18 year old likes their music lol
Can't staaaaaand Lana Del Rey.
Michael Jackson, can't stand his voice.

Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
Not a singer, but I think Red Hot Chilli Peppers make really generic and boring music. Unfortunately pretty much every 18 year old likes their music lol

Just the singer (Anthony Kiedis) or the whole band?
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus

They have some good songs, they are talented musicians but most of their songs do sound the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LlamaLikeEllie
Ed Sheeran. He gets so much love for writing his own songs, but you'll find most smaller artists tend to do that quite easily.

My mum loves Ed Sheeran but I find him weirdly disturbing. His lyrics make him seem a bit of a stalker and a bit too obsessed with teenage love :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by VirgoStrain
One Direction and their now solo members
Ed Sheeran
Luis Fonsi
Taylor swift
Katy Perry
Ariana Grande

If they make really amazing music (which in my view the above don’t) I can just about tolerate screaming fan girls. If they don’t I despise them. I really like Take That and Owl City though.

It's a shame that Owl City went from being amazing to generic pop though
Original post by markovchain17
My mum loves Ed Sheeran but I find him weirdly disturbing. His lyrics make him seem a bit of a stalker and a bit too obsessed with teenage love :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always think the same thing when hearing one of his songs! :biggrin:
I don't really like Selena Gomez tbh
Rihanna - trying to rip off Beyonce don't understand her appeal and she can't sing

Taylor Swift - can't sing and is overrated

Drake - He irritates me so much, his face, his music... his drone of a voice
Original post by Sannn
It's a shame that Owl City went from being amazing to generic pop though

fireflies will also be one of the best song ever and it's such a disappointment he never producted a song that cqn hold a candle to fireflies.
Liam Payne

Little Mix
Lol you'd be better off asking about the ones that I do like :tongue:

The majority of popular singers release stuff that is sooooooo average and way overhyped but the one that I dislike the most has to be Ed Sheeran, he only released 1 good song the rest are either average or just :puke:

Just imo tho of course, dont kill me pls :colonhash:
i love me some ed sheeran

lil yatchy is a joke though
Original post by NotNotBatman
Just the singer (Anthony Kiedis) or the whole band?

Original post by markovchain17
They have some good songs, they are talented musicians but most of their songs do sound the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

The whole band's music tbh. I don't like the music they produce, I don't think it's anything special by all means. I saw a bit of them live at a festival last year and I didn't think it was impressive at all.
Reply 35
Original post by Future-Barista
fireflies will also be one of the best song ever and it's such a disappointment he never producted a song that cqn hold a candle to fireflies.

really? to each their own I suppose. I find his non-radio songs are so much better than fireflies in my eyes; fireflies is a decent song but his older stuff like Cave In and Galaxies are on another level
Taylor swift
Definitely Adele. She's just boring to me.
beyonce and rihanna. i'm not likin' taylor swift's new stuff- and i don't think selena's voice is v good either.
Original post by Future-Barista
Personally, I hate listening to Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran because I find their music really generic and boring :/
(also don't start a flame war, people have their own opinions but you can still totally defend your fave artists without starting a fight)

I'm exactly the same. hate them both especially ed his music is so generic and cringey. I also detest the vamps and one direction

Quick Reply

Latest