The Student Room Group

My best friend kissed me last night, I have a boyfriend.

So last night me and all my friends got quite drunk and went clubbing. The past week or so, my best friend has been saying things like "can I kiss you?" And I've been telling him straight up no. Well last night he went for it and kissed me. It lasted like a second, so I guess you could call it a peck. I didn't kiss him back, I pulled away and stood there stunned for a moment then ran off crying. My friends boyfriend witnessed it and I asked him what he saw, he seen exactly as I described so I know I didn't lead him on. I don't know whether to tell my boyfriend or not. We've been together for 4 years, and I don't feel it's right to hide anything from him but I know he's going to tell me not to hang around with my best friend anymore because it's going to be weird for him. What should I do? I feel overwhelming guilt.
Reply 1
you need to tell your boyfriend

if he hears it through the grapevine it will be very bad for you.

and yes he is likely to request you not hang out with this "friend" anymore. Tbh, i'd do the same!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
These things are not dramatic unless you allow them to be classified as so.

Your boyfriend, if he is a reasonable person, will understand that your friend is just a bit too interested for his own good and needs to accept rejection. He should not blame you as you’ve done nothing.

Tell him. Say you plan on telling your friend he needs to get over it as what he did was not fair on you or your boyfriend. The fact he was drinking is irrelevant.

I’d also suggest you then take time away from this friend, informing them and your boyfriend of doing so. It will put a clear warning to your friend and a show of commitment to your boyfriend, it’ll make him feel much more comfortable.
Original post by Skywheel
These things are not dramatic unless you allow them to be classified as so.

Your boyfriend, if he is a reasonable person, will understand that your friend is just a bit too interested for his own good and needs to accept rejection. He should not blame you as you’ve done nothing.

Tell him. Say you plan on telling your friend he needs to get over it as what he did was not fair on you or your boyfriend. The fact he was drinking is irrelevant.

I’d also suggest you then take time away from this friend, informing them and your boyfriend of doing so. It will put a clear warning to your friend and a show of commitment to your boyfriend, it’ll make him feel much more comfortable.

^^^^ this!! I second this, best course of action!
Best of luck to you xxx
your bestfriend is a ********. you told him no and he still did it anyways. Tell your boyfriend and cut it off with your best friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending