The Student Room Group

Which set of GCSE grades ar better

I got my gcse grades a couple of months ago- 10A*'s and 2B's in maths and numeracy. I've always struggled in maths and I was lucky to recieve those B's. But is 10A*'s and 2B''s better than 6A*'s and 6A's for example?? I want to do medicene and I'm worried that this will leave me disadvantaged.
Reply 1
Original post by Anna191817
I got my gcse grades a couple of months ago- 10A*'s and 2B's in maths and numeracy. I've always struggled in maths and I was lucky to recieve those B's. But is 10A*'s and 2B''s better than 6A*'s and 6A's for example?? I want to do medicene and I'm worried that this will leave me disadvantaged.

10 A* & 2B’s is definitely better & although maths is important Medicine is primarily science based so don’t worry
Original post by VirgoStrain
You can always redo the maths and numeracy if you want, and definitely do it if you won’t do A-Level maths. Maths isn’t needed for medicine but it’s probably the best subject to have outside of the university requirements.

So, if I didn't re-do it, my chances of getting into medical school would be slim?
Thats an amazing score well done! Definetly better ! And you'll find most medical universites look for a minimum of a B in maths at GCSE level so dont worry too much about it, and if you're worried about the competitiveness im sure your other grades will bump you up :smile:)

There should be no issue.

Quick Reply

Latest