The Student Room Group

Change university and course after first year

Hi, I am currently studying Business BSc in University of Birmingham Year 1. However, I just felt this isn't what I want and I am planning to switch my course.

Spoiler

My questions are below:
1) Does university accept previous A-Level result for me to reapply via UCAS? If yes, would there be any chance to become an unconditional offer?
2) Since I was studying Business, where Occupational Therapy is very different, (My A-Level subjects are Business, Economics and Maths). Do I need a lot of knowledge from Biology or PE in order to study this subject?
3) For my UCAS application reference, would they accept my old school teacher reference letter since I am applying to Year 1 again?, and I am not really close to any of the staffs in university so they wouldn't know me much.

Please can someone help me, I am quite confused.
Original post by 123456m
Hi, I am currently studying Business BSc in University of Birmingham Year 1. However, I just felt this isn't what I want and I am planning to switch my course.

Spoiler

My questions are below:
1) Does university accept previous A-Level result for me to reapply via UCAS? If yes, would there be any chance to become an unconditional offer?
2) Since I was studying Business, where Occupational Therapy is very different, (My A-Level subjects are Business, Economics and Maths). Do I need a lot of knowledge from Biology or PE in order to study this subject?
3) For my UCAS application reference, would they accept my old school teacher reference letter since I am applying to Year 1 again?, and I am not really close to any of the staffs in university so they wouldn't know me much.

Please can someone help me, I am quite confused.

1)it's possible
2) if they don't require the a levels then I d assume they dget everybody up to speed with biology in the first year.
3) in most cases universities prefer references to be from your most recent place of study but ask before applying what they ll accept.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending