The Student Room Group

A level government and politics experience

I am considering taking politics next year can anybody from experience tell me how difficult it is?
Hi,
If you are reasonably intelligent you'll be fine.
This was my classes final A Level grades:
1- A* (me lol)
1- A
2- B
5- C
1- D
This was from a bad comprehensive.
My class went from A/B's at AS to B's/C's at A2. Because we did political ideologies at A2, which is tricker than US government which most do at A2. All pretty much do UK government/politics at AS.

So you should look into what modules your school offers. But me and my good friend got A* and A respectively and we were really the only fairly smart ones in the class. So you'll get an A/A* if you're somewhat clever, it isn't that hard.
Original post by GovernmentEarner
Hi,
1- A* (me lol)
1- A
2- B
5- C
1- D
My class went from A/B's at AS to B's/C's at A2. Because we did political ideologies at A2, which is tricker than US government which most do at A2. All pretty much do UK government/politics at AS.

So you should look into what modules your school offers. But me and my good friend got A* and A respectively and we were really the only fairly smart ones in the class. So you'll get an A/A* if you're somewhat clever, it isn't that hard.

thank youu
Reply 3
Original post by justastudenttbh
I am considering taking politics next year can anybody from experience tell me how difficult it is?

I’m doing AS and i love it! There’s a lot of content but it isn’t hard to be honest, as long as you make notes as you go along you’ll be fine! Probably my easiest as level
Original post by m-k1
I’m doing AS and i love it! There’s a lot of content but it isn’t hard to be honest, as long as you make notes as you go along you’ll be fine! Probably my easiest as level

thank you also what other a-levels do you take?
Reply 5
thank you also what other a-levels do you take?

Literature, history and law :smile:
I hate it. I'm predicted a b. It's not difficult.. you just have to be reallu up to date with the news and be able to give recent examples.
Original post by m-k1
Literature, history and law :smile:

what are your plans for university?
Original post by GovernmentEarner
Hi,
1- A* (me lol)
1- A
2- B
5- C
1- D

Is Andrew heywood the way to go? Most people in my A2 class literally are trying to memorise the whole book.
Original post by MajorFader
Is Andrew heywood the way to go? Most people in my A2 class literally are trying to memorise the whole book.

I literally just used Heywood for A2, with a few other notes for bits of the spec he misses out. I got 200/200 at A2 so yeh I would recommend it.
Reply 10
what are your plans for university?

To be honest I’m not entirely sure yet, it was originally law but I’ve started to consider politics now too
Original post by m-k1
To be honest I’m not entirely sure yet, it was originally law but I’ve started to consider politics now too

rank your a levels from easiest to hardest ?

Quick Reply

Latest