The Student Room Group

Why does every TSR member have 4 A*s at A-Level?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by arizonaidiot
I got 4a*,4as and 1b in igcses, not a levels.

That's still fine lol. A-Level matter a lot more. What are your A-Level predicted grades?
Thank you brother:smile:.Don't know why the guy above took my statement as sarcasm,when obviously,I asked a genuine question.

It's probably because he can't determine a candidates realistic chances because UCL is a big uni, it's not even his degree and thus he won't know any of the competition so probably couldn't give you any firm chance? and that it would be worse to misinform lmao
Reply 42
Original post by Just Somebody
My GCSE grades are similar to your ones. I applied for chemical engineering at UCL at the end of September and I got a conditional offer from them a week ago without being called for an interview. I believe that you have a strong chance of getting an offer if you make sure your personal statement is really good and you do well in the first year of A levels.

Nice. What are your A-Level predicted grades by the way?
Original post by Black Water
That's still fine lol. A-Level matter a lot more. What are your A-Level predicted grades?

Just started AS.Working hard to get 4as in bio,chem,phy and maths.:biggrin:
Nice. What are your A-Level predicted grades by the way?

I'm not completely sure because my school didn't want us to know but because I'm applying to Cambridge, it is probably A*A*A or 3A*s.
It's probably quite high seeing that I have already got 4 offers which I find really hard to believe.
Reply 45
Just started AS.Working hard to get 4as in bio,chem,phy and maths.:biggrin:

Nice, I'm doing the same subjects. However, I might drop Biology because it's not really interesting.
Reply 46
I'm not completely sure because my school didn't want us to know but because I'm applying to Cambridge, it is probably A*A*A or 3A*s.
It's probably quite high seeing that I have already got 4 offers which I find really hard to believe.

Congratulations! :smile: What universities? In addition, are they all ChemEng offers?
Nice, I'm doing the same subjects. However, I might drop Biology because it's not really interesting.

So my igcses were good right?Also,drop it if your not enjoying it.
Congratulations! :smile: What universities? In addition, are they all ChemEng offers?

They are all ChemEng offers. I got them from Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham and UCL.

I started off doing the same subjects in year 12. Dropped Biology at the end even though I got an A at AS. I'm glad I made that decision.
Reply 50
So my igcses were good right?Also,drop it if your not enjoying it.

Yeah, they're good. You don't have anything to worry about. I will, I'll have to wait until next month though.
Reply 51
They are all ChemEng offers. I got them from Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham and UCL.

Nice, good universities as well. :smile:
Reply 52
I started off doing the same subjects in year 12. Dropped Biology at the end even though I got an A at AS. I'm glad I made that decision.

Good thing you did it, not worth it if it'll bring down your other grades.
Reply 53
I wonder where the people I am talking about are hiding :lol:
I was fairly pleased with my grades at the time. Now with grade inflation, and the introduction of A*, my grades look pretty unremarkable.
Reply 55
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
UCL graduate here, you mad? :cool:

Why would I be mad of a weird talking red flower thing?
Original post by GovernmentEarner
Nope. 335,000 people in England, Wales and Northern Ireland take A Levels every year :smile:

Ah yeah that sounds like a lot but it's only 0.5% of the uk's population XD. Wow so only 2000 get 3A*s+, that's not v many.
Original post by black1blade
Ah yeah that sounds like a lot but it's only 0.5% of the uk's population XD. Wow so only 2000 get 3A*s+, that's not v many.

I know, I thinks it cus of TSR you'd assume 3A* is quite common. But most schools across the country have no-one who gets it haha
Original post by GovernmentEarner
I know, I thinks it cus of TSR you'd assume 3A* is quite common. But most schools across the country have no-one who gets it haha

Hmm yeah I guess.
Because they watch Rick and Morty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending