The Student Room Group

Create A Firework - Seasonal Thread

Hi everyone!
Theres about 7 hours left of the 5th..

The question is this:

If you could create a firework, what would it look like, and what would it do?
Consider something out of the box, too.
I like pictures. Lots of pictures. Although they're optional.

Happy 5th November, and if you are using Fireworks, Stay safe. (and have a bucket of water on standby :hide: )

Copied quotelist!

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Wait, What?
I'm still new to the UK and what's up with November 5? Is it the Guy Fawkes' day thing I heard about for like the third time in my life.
Why the fireworks? I'm confused (obviously)
Someone help :-/
Original post by 04MR17

Can i have an explanation please?
Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349
Can i have an explanation please?
This is what I would do if I could create a firework.:yep:
Original post by LibertySea
Wait, What?
I'm still new to the UK and what's up with November 5? Is it the Guy Fawkes' day thing I heard about for like the third time in my life.
Why the fireworks? I'm confused (obviously)
Someone help :-/
So a group of people, (Guy Fawkes being one of them) tried to blow up Parliament (and the king) in the 1600s. They failed. Every year on the 5th of November we have fireworks to mark what didn't happen.:biggrin:
Original post by 04MR17
This is what I would do if I could create a firework.:yep:

Well, What would it do if it had a superpower?
Well, What would it do if it had a superpower?
I think a firework up a stuffed horse's bottom is super enough.:yep:
Original post by 04MR17
So a group of people, (Guy Fawkes being one of them) tried to blow up Parliament (and the king) in the 1600s. They failed. Every year on the 5th of November we have fireworks to mark what didn't happen.:biggrin:

But wait, you're NOT celebrating this persons actions? I thought that's why people named celebrations after people.
And why did they want to blow it up in the first place?
Original post by 04MR17
I think a firework up a stuffed horse's bottom is super enough.:yep:

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2017-11-05/cat-killed-after-fireworks-are-strapped-to-it-and-set-off/
Seriously?
But wait, you're NOT celebrating this persons actions? I thought that's why people named celebrations after people.
I'd say it's somewhere between celebration and commemoration.:wink:

We were sort of having our version of the French revolution about 120 years before yours.:tongue:
A cat has feelings, a stuffed horse doesn't.:tongue:
PRSOM lol
Original post by 04MR17
I'd say it's somewhere between celebration and commemoration.:wink:

We were sort of having our version of the French revolution about 120 years before yours.:tongue:
A cat has feelings, a stuffed horse doesn't.:tongue:

That's horrible, why would anyone do anything like that? :frown:

I hope justice is served! :yep:

It’s bonfire night. Not Guy Fawkes night
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/15351828
Pretty basic version but you’ll get the idea
Original post by Sammylou40
It’s bonfire night. Not Guy Fawkes night
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/15351828
Pretty basic version but you’ll get the idea

Oh okay. I get it now, at least a bit.
Okay so I'd make a troll firework.
Basically it would go up all wavey, but then nothing would actually happen. Then I would make it so there's the sound of a bang, but like it was around everyone, rather than in the sky. And then when everyone is looking around, not at the sky, the firework would actually go off, and it would just be all colourful and pretty.
I would make a snowflake-shaped firework with a few side sparkles and all kinds of blues, especially my favourite colour and light blues :yep:
I would make a set of fireworks that were completely silent (I know what the noise of fireworks can do to people's pets- at it's best, it's a shame/not nice, at its worst, it's horrendous) but was blue and green coloured. Each firework in the series would be a symbol for a different element from the periodic table :smile:
Original post by LlamaLikeEllie
Okay so I'd make a troll firework.
Basically it would go up all wavey, but then nothing would actually happen. Then I would make it so there's the sound of a bang, but like it was around everyone, rather than in the sky. And then when everyone is looking around, not at the sky, the firework would actually go off, and it would just be all colourful and pretty.

Sounds great to be honest, maybe the name could use a little reworking?
Original post by Michiyo
I would make a snowflake-shaped firework with a few side sparkles and all kinds of blues, especially my favourite colour and light blues :yep:

Sounds amazing :smile: would love some to be made lol
Original post by Labrador99
I would make a set of fireworks that were completely silent (I know what the noise of fireworks can do to people's pets- at it's best, it's a shame/not nice, at its worst, it's horrendous) but was blue and green coloured. Each firework in the series would be a symbol for a different element from the periodic table :smile:

Your idea is my fave so far :smile:
PRSOM
Sounds great to be honest, maybe the name could use a little reworking?

Sounds amazing :smile: would love some to be made lol

Your idea is my fave so far :smile:
PRSOM

Aaw, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest