The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emerald777O
No because she's scared of what would happen. She's scared that her parents would get involved. Is there a way for her to talk to someone about it without getting the parents involved ? She's under 18

That's a grey area, I have PM'd you though. I might be able to shed some light.
Original post by Pathway
That's a grey area, I have PM'd you though. I might be able to shed some light.

Just responded .
Weird
No because she's scared of what would happen. She's scared that her parents would get involved. Is there a way for her to talk to someone about it without getting the parents involved ? She's under 18

Counselling through school/ college is confidential (even from parents) so that's an option. Childline also offers phone and online services which are again confidential. Talking in person can be difficult so online chat might be easier.
https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/
They can also ask for the confidentiality to be explained to them before they talk about anything.

What she is going through is understandable and she is not crazy, but it's not something she should be having to deal with alone so I suggest she consider getting some support.
Original post by Kindred
Counselling through school/ college is confidential (even from parents) so that's an option. Childline also offers phone and online services which are again confidential. Talking in person can be difficult so online chat might be easier.
https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/
They can also ask for the confidentiality to be explained to them before they talk about anything.

What she is going through is understandable and she is not crazy, but it's not something she should be having to deal with alone so I suggest she consider getting some support.

Thanks. I'll let her know. She does want someone to talk to in real life.
Happened to me as a kid as well, no idea why people are laughing at this

I was also 7 when it happened and then at 11 started getting turned on easily and - as sick as it may sound - often thought back to my dads friend who used to touch me and wished he was there to do it again.
Original post by yungaheartz
Happened to me as a kid as well, no idea why people are laughing at this

I was also 7 when it happened and then at 11 started getting turned on easily and - as sick as it may sound - often thought back to my dads friend who used to touch me and wished he was there to do it again.

Omg. Exactly like this person I'm talking about. Does it make you crazy? Do you feel disgusted by yourself?

And same. What the hell is so funny
Omg. Exactly like this person I'm talking about. Does it make you crazy? Do you feel disgusted by yourself?

honestly no. because despite the fact i know that what he did was wrong i still could never bring myself to hate him for some reason. don't know why, i tried seeing a therapist about it. i was wondering whether it was rape trauma syndrome or whether it was simply because i loved him more because he was more of a father figure to me than my own dad.
Just because a woman has suffered abuse, doesn't mean she has to be asexual or resign herself to the life of a nun. She is just as much as woman as she always would have been so it's natural to get these feelings.
honestly no. because despite the fact i know that what he did was wrong i still could never bring myself to hate him for some reason. don't know why, i tried seeing a therapist about it. i was wondering whether it was rape trauma syndrome or whether it was simply because i loved him more because he was more of a father figure to me than my own dad.

Ah that must've been why because you were close to him. What do you mean you trrjed going to the therapist ?
So there's nothing that links with getting sexual abused and from it, becoming crazy for sex like psychologically? If there is I need to see it written somewhere .

Thank you :smile:

Many child abuse victims experience physiological hyper-reactivity, which basically means that their brain copes with the events by re-enacting them in the future as a way of gaining control over what happened - in this case, it would mean being sexually involved with a lot of people after being sexually abused as a child.
Reply 31
me I got touched today sexually by a bloody kid I need advice see this https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5035466
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Many child abuse victims experience physiological hyper-reactivity, which basically means that their brain copes with the events by re-enacting them in the future as a way of gaining control over what happened - in this case, it would mean being sexually involved with a lot of people after being sexually abused as a child.

In this case it's masturbating. This girl masturbates because of it. And that's still the same right ?
What are the percentages of people being sexually abused.

Is it 1 in 10?
Ah that must've been why because you were close to him. What do you mean you trrjed going to the therapist ?

I had issues in my teenage years so went to see a therapist for it, we discussed all the things that have happened in my life and i told her about the abuse. whilst talking to her i realised why i felt the things i did
I had issues in my teenage years so went to see a therapist for it, we discussed all the things that have happened in my life and i told her about the abuse. whilst talking to her i realised why i felt the things i did

Hi,

I suffered from childhood emotional abuse and the toxic shame is ruining my life. I would like to see a therapist but don't know how to do this or if it is available on the NHS.

Please could you provide some information on how you contacted a therapist.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I suffered from childhood emotional abuse and the toxic shame is ruining my life. I would like to see a therapist but don't know how to do this or if it is available on the NHS.

Please could you provide some information on how you contacted a therapist.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi, you go to your GP and tell them that you need to see a counselor or psychologist, it really is as simple as that. Thats what I did. and you will have to confide in your GP too (so try seeing a female one) don't worry what you tell your GP is 100% confidential. I mean they will ask you why you need to see someone and I told them that I was feeling suicidal on a daily basis, then pretty much blurted out various things that was going on in my life including the sexual abuse that happened when I was younger. Be warned the typical response from most GP is to palm you off with some anti-depressants but I've never known then to just give you pills, a lot of them also refer you to either a mental health team or a counselling services. If for some reason they don't then demand that they do - or see another GP - you have that right as a patient!

and whoever they send you to is trained to listen and understand without judgement so don't be afraid to open up to them. I definitely don't regret going, its changed my life completely. I'm in a much better place now and you will be too some day so good luck! :smile:

p.s nowadays there seems to be a bit of a wait too so prepare yourself for that as well. average waiting time to get an appointment with a therapist or mental health team is anything from 2-3 weeks or sometimes a little longer...
Original post by username3590460
Like at age 7 like kissed by your uncle who was trying to hide it and you just taking it . And then few years down the line, your hormones are raging? Is it possible that because of those experiences, you're now very you know... shouldn't you feel disgusted by that and traumatised that you don't even like the idea of affection but you're actually the opposite.

This is not about me!!!! If you're about to ask.

I was abused as a kid and I have a high sex drive. But at the same time I'm repulsed by the idea of actually being with someone. In my mind you can't have sex with someone you actually like and care about but I do still crave sex.

Anyway it's not going to be the same for everyone. Theres no "right way" to behave or feel.

Latest