The Student Room Group

Texas church attack leaves 27 dead, 20+ injured

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41880511

Shooting happened in the community of Sutherland Springs, Texas, a town of about 1000 people. This shooting will most likely have a huge impact on the people living there. Incredibly sad to see yet another attack on Christians. May they truly rest in peace by the side of the Lord.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first"- John 15:18

Heartbroken to hear of this horrendous incident. Sadly not uncommon in the US
Reply 2
Original post by Emms98
"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first"- John 15:18

Heartbroken to hear of this horrendous incident. Sadly not uncommon in the US

Sadly not. Again, it is incredibly sad that hundreds of people have lost relatives and friends today, we know that the victims are with God now.
In a place of worship... So sad :frown:
Reply 4
Who shall we blame this time? The Amish?
Reply 5
And when thousands of Rohingya Muslims are killed we don't see this sort of continuous breaking news coverage sadly. Really sad to hear of this terrorist attack.
Original post by desaf1
And when thousands of Rohingya Muslims are killed we don't see this sort of continuous breaking news coverage sadly. Really sad to hear of this terrorist attack.

Are you high? It was front page of the BBC for a week straight. There were threads about it on TSR too.
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Why does being in a place of delusion make it any sadder than, say, a strip club?

It doesn't make it any sadder but a place of worship is the last place you'd expect to be killed. They are meant to be sacred places of peace and love.
Why does being in a place of delusion make it any sadder than, say, a strip club?

Because, places of worship are supposed to be safe, holy places where people don't have to worry about the violence of day to day life.
Very horrific news :frown:
Reply 10

This isn't the time for this sort of comment
wow, so shocking,
does america still count as a first world country as this rate
At least 27 dead. Horrendous stuff.

I'm sure we'll all move on within a week or two much like Las Vegas right? :rolleyes:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Trapz99
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41880511

Shooting happened in the community of Sutherland Springs, Texas, a town of about 1000 people. This shooting will most likely have a huge impact on the people living there. Incredibly sad to see yet another attack on Christians. May they truly rest in peace by the side of the Lord.

I’d bet on it being some gun nut rather than a terrorist based on where the attack was
So sad that these things go on so often in America.

May they rest in peace
Original post by paul514
I’d bet on it being some gun nut rather than a terrorist based on where the attack was

I agree, it could easily be another Dylann Roof Charleston style race attack.
Reply 16
Terrible.

I don't want to turn this into a political debate but they need to accept the fact that guns are the problem. How often do you hear of similar cases in the UK?
Reply 17
Original post by paul514

Whoever did it, if the attack was against a religion then it is a terrorist attack and the shooter is a terrorist.
"May God be w/ the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas" - Trump.

He was with them. Isn't that the point of church?
Original post by Anonymoususer16
Because, places of worship are supposed to be safe, holy places where people don't have to worry about the violence of day to day life.

Mass shootings are hardly day-to-day events. Everywhere should be safe from that kind of violence, the kind of violence that your ideologies (Islam, Christianity) are plaguing our societies with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending