The Student Room Group

Are most girls are uglier than their tinder pictures?

Through my time on tinder I've noticed a lot of 6/10 (sometimes overweight) girls scrub up well in their pictures, but then in real life they look nothing like this. Same on instagram, facebook etc.
I find the opposite is true with boys, most look average in their pictures but in real life are quite handsome.
Are girls aware that they're doing this? I get wanting to choose flattering pictures of yourself but when you look like a completely different person in your selfie it's kind of misleading and leads to disappointment.
Reply 1
Fake it til you make it.

Of course people are only going to upload their best pictures on a dating profile.
I look like **** and I'm a guy.
Yes. People use filters, mape-up, do their best pose etc. Some may maintain their natural look but even then they're going to post their best selfie. Same goes for men tbh.
Tbh I look kinda saucy in my tinder pics we tend to want to present the best version of ourselves. I'm a guy though.
Reply 5
Obviously
Reply 6
Yeah I get wanting to present best version, but these girls will never look that good in real life because it's all about the angle/special lighting etc.
My mate learning the realities of life.So proud !
In my case, whatever I do to look better in photos just makes me look much uglier.
Ive been on tinder and find that this is true. Most girls (or guys) want to show their best photo but i do find some people go overboard. Plus the pictures can be pretty old so when u meet them they may have changed.

I know this has nothing to do with the question but tinder is a really bad dating app. Ive found 90% of people do not chat on their. Oo great ur a match. U say hello and no response. 😅 whats the point.
Yep, my cousin looks like a model on instagram but in real life not very model like
Despite it I am still impressed that she has the ability to pose/edit pictures that she can look good on a photo
Reply 11
Original post by JDieMstr
In my case, whatever I do to look better in photos just makes me look much uglier.

Ahahaha😂😂
Reply 12
I've never used tinder .. But in whatever dating apps , of course, it comes natural for people to uploading their best pictures profile.. Whoever .. Could be either guys or girls.. Otherwise who will 'give them a s**t'..?!

Anyway, I tried just one *f****ng dating app in my whole life and I did terribly regret it. People who lie over their age and other obscene stuff 's going on..
I feel.. Knowing people in real life it's much much better.. No filter(s).. No tricks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13
people will try and put their best foot forward on dating sites

watch out for myspace poses
watch out for conveniently cropped images
watch out for photoshop [very difficult]
watch out for pouting
watch out for snapchat filters
watch out for convincing trannies
I should go on tinder

a queen needs a king lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Whatever happened to meeting people in person and arranging dates?
When I do recognise people in/from real life I don't think they look more or less attractive. What I do think is there are disproportionately few unattractive women on Tinder, which has the same effect in terms of the average woman's looks on the app as if women of all hotness levels used the app equally and the average user did make themselves appear hotter than in real life.
I look better in real life tbh. I look **** in photos.

I also knew a girl at uni that was super hot in real life, but looked like she had a massive nose, nose long like garden hose, in her facebook photos as well lol. Cameras distort your face depending on the type of lens.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending