The Student Room Group

Anxiety or normal?

I want to know whether or not this is normal. Basically I'm a 20 year old girl and I get anxiety attacks (one every 4/5ish months). I looked online (NHS website) and they said if you get it more often than once every 6 months then you should see someone. I don't really want to see anyone for it. I don't know if this is related to my anxiety or not but I don't really like speaking to my friends anymore-I don't feel anxious, I just don't feel like speaking to them outside of uni. Now they've made it into some massive thing bombarding me with messages. I've told them I've been busy which I kind of have. I just really don't want to talk to anyone right now. There's no particular reason. Is this normal or should I see my doctor? Thank you in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I want to know whether or not this is normal. Basically I'm a 20 year old girl and I get anxiety attacks (one every 4/5ish months). I looked online (NHS website) and they said if you get it more often than once every 6 months then you should see someone. I don't really want to see anyone for it. I don't know if this is related to my anxiety or not but I don't really like speaking to my friends anymore-I don't feel anxious, I just don't feel like speaking to them outside of uni. Now they've made it into some massive thing bombarding me with messages. I've told them I've been busy which I kind of have. I just really don't want to talk to anyone right now. There's no particular reason. Is this normal or should I see my doctor? Thank you in advance.

It's natural for everyone to have some degree of anxiety but if you feel like it's getting out of hand it would be a good option to go speak to a therapist about it, it will relieve a lot on tension if you speak about it
Reply 2
Original post by Lucky10
It's natural for everyone to have some degree of anxiety but if you feel like it's getting out of hand it would be a good option to go speak to a therapist about it, it will relieve a lot on tension if you speak about it

Thanks but this is the thing-I don't know if it's getting out of hand :frown:
What do you define panic attack as though?

Does it interfere with daily life? If it obstructs you doing things that you could before, you should probably see someone.
Reply 5

I would go regardless and get yourself checked, if it's minor than don't worry. If there is a issue you can get it sorted
Reply 6
Original post by LunaCat
What do you define panic attack as though?

Feeling like I'm unable to breathe, panting heavily and hyperventilating along with tears continually coming out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending