The Student Room Group

Its okay to be white!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mancini
Because you have profited from it, you enjoy the profits and ill gains of your ancestors thus you are responsible. You can ignore it and sweep it under the carpet but it's a fact. This is not a concept this is real life, it's not something I have made up.

That doesn't mean i am responsible for squat. I am not the primary cause of slavery, I as in Individual. I am not my father nor my mother nor any of my other family relations. You frankly know nothing of my heritage and yet you assume i am related to slave owners. Honestly, this level or bigotry, this level of collective guilt is disgusting. This is something you have made up because it is a lie, i am not responsible for slavery. Jesus, let me guess i am also by your twisted logic responsible for the crusades, the printing press, the nuclear bomb (and in turn hiroshima), the 30 years war, the rain coat, Hitler and the lightbulb. Jeez, do you need help getting dressed in the morning?
Oi m8, you be thinking I was serious?
Reply 22
Original post by matwillis
That doesn't mean i am responsible for squat. I am not the primary cause of slavery, I as in Individual. I am not my father nor my mother nor any of my other family relations. You frankly know nothing of my heritage and yet you assume i am related to slave owners. Honestly, this level or bigotry, this level of collective guilt is disgusting. This is something you have made up because it is a lie, i am not responsible for slavery. Jesus, let me guess i am also by your twisted logic responsible for the crusades, the printing press, the nuclear bomb (and in turn hiroshima), the 30 years war, the rain coat, Hitler and the lightbulb. Jeez, do you need help getting dressed in the morning?

LOL look at you, trying to sweep the issue under the rug by making this about you, like a good ole racist. Someone clearly trying to divert the conversation.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
LOL look at you, trying to sweep the issue under the rag by making this about you, like a good ole racist.

That is an unjustified attack on my character, you are grouping an entire race together for a collective crime and that is the greatest form of racism. That by the very fact of their race and their ethnicity that they are responsible for this crime and so they must be punished because of the actions of the elite at the time, everyone must pay because they're white. You are a disgusting human being and i pray for you that you can open your heart and get over this bigotry which is so wrong. May God bless you.
Original post by Mancini
There are still people nowadays who's families profited from slavery all over Britain, if your family profited from slavery you are still responsible. Blacks do not have to have suffered directly from slavery to feel anger at it or ask for reparations.

#turkeypayreparationsfor1453
Reply 25
That is an unjustified attack on my character, you are grouping an entire race together for a collective crime and that is the greatest form of racism. That by the very fact of their race and their ethnicity that they are responsible for this crime and so they must be punished because of the actions of the elite at the time, everyone must pay because they're white. You are a disgusting human being and i pray for you that you can open your heart and get over this bigotry which is so wrong. May God bless you.

I haven't grouped any race, I am describing profiteers of slavery, if you are not one I question why you are getting so flustered?
Original post by Mancini
Because you have profited from it, you enjoy the profits and ill gains of your ancestors thus you are responsible. You can ignore it and sweep it under the carpet but it's a fact. This is not a concept this is real life, it's not something I have made up.

That is a very dangerous mentality: You are from X race, certain members of X race did Y thing and you benefit from Y thing, so you are totally and utterly responsible.

Must all citizens of former Soviet states be held responsible for the enslavement of eastern Europe and east Germany after 1945, because the USSR gained from it? Must all Russians be held responsible for the deportations of ethnic minorities from various parts of the USSR, where Russians would replace the deportees, taking their jobs etc?
Original post by Mancini
One of the things the British are brilliant at is keeping records and there was a programme in the past on channel 4 of those all around Britain who got paid in compensation when slavery was abolished. Who says they are poor? That's just your assumption.

I'm NOT assuming they're ALL poor, I'm just saying it would be absolutely ridiculous if the government started demanding money from SOME of the families who are poor yet their family did profit from slavery, it is possible for your family to have been rich a century ago but not anymore, what with the credit crunch and companies constantly going bust etc
Original post by Mancini
I haven't grouped any race, I am describing profiteers of slavery, if you are not one I question why you are getting so flustered?

Oh yes you have "Blacks do not have to have suffered directly from slavery to feel anger at it or ask for reparations" I agree partly with that. I got peeved when i read how many of my people were enslaved by the Ottomans and how badly they were treated on the Barbary coast but the thing is, i have not suffered directly. Can i ask the ottomans for reparations?

Anyway i know that wasn't your point in your reply. You are describing the profiteers of slavery now are you? Then why did you use "blacks" not all "blacks" were victims.

Okay, Europeans often bought the slaves from Africans and before the europeans there was still a strong slave trade within the area. The Ghana, Mali and Songhai Empires all had slavery before the influence of the Westerners. Are they going to pay themselves reparations? Do you not see the fruitlessness of chasing after history? Should the English ask for reparations from the Danish for the vikings rape, murder, slavery and of course invasion?

History is history, relighting centuries old atroscities for "reparations" is regretfully fruitless. That does not mean attention should not be focused on it, never again is the motto for these parts of history. But to suggest that i profitted from slavery and that i am a racist is beyond ignorant.

Finally, flustered is not the appropriate word. We are debating and i think from what you have said is abhorrent and wrong and needs correcting. I hope the least i have done is to bring to your attention that it wasn't just Africans that faced the horrors of slavery but all races and all peoples and that humanity suffered and cried but overcame it.
LOOOOOOOOOOL next joke pls
"It's okay to be white" lol
Reply 30
Oh yes you have "Blacks do not have to have suffered directly from slavery to feel anger at it or ask for reparations" I agree partly with that. I got peeved when i read how many of my people were enslaved by the Ottomans and how badly they were treated on the Barbary coast but the thing is, i have not suffered directly. Can i ask the ottomans for reparations?

Anyway i know that wasn't your point in your reply. You are describing the profiteers of slavery now are you? Then why did you use "blacks" not all "blacks" were victims.

Okay, Europeans often bought the slaves from Africans and before the europeans there was still a strong slave trade within the area. The Ghana, Mali and Songhai Empires all had slavery before the influence of the Westerners. Are they going to pay themselves reparations? Do you not see the fruitlessness of chasing after history? Should the English ask for reparations from the Danish for the vikings rape, murder, slavery and of course invasion?

History is history, relighting centuries old atroscities for "reparations" is regretfully fruitless. That does not mean attention should not be focused on it, never again is the motto for these parts of history. But to suggest that i profitted from slavery and that i am a racist is beyond ignorant.

Finally, flustered is not the appropriate word. We are debating and i think from what you have said is abhorrent and wrong and needs correcting. I hope the least i have done is to bring to your attention that it wasn't just Africans that faced the horrors of slavery but all races and all peoples and that humanity suffered and cried but overcame it.

I am not falling for your hippy vibe 'we are all in the same boat' nonsense and you are an ole racist.
Original post by Emerald777O
LOOOOOOOOOOL next joke pls
"It's okay to be white" lol

Is it tho!?!
Original post by Mancini
I am not falling for your hippy vibe 'we are all in the same boat' nonsense and you are an ole racist.

I pity you and your ignorant ways. You "ole racist". God bless you.
Original post by lmaooome
Is it tho!?!

It's v stupid
Reply 34
Original post by Mancini
There are still people nowadays who's families profited from slavery all over Britain, if your family profited from slavery you are still responsible. Blacks do not have to have suffered directly from slavery to feel anger at it or ask for reparations.
All races, all colours and all religions have had a hand in slavery for thousands of years. White people were slaves too. Maybe your ancestors kept white slaves. You're racist for just picking on white people!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending