The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent

Hey everyone. Im just curious on how you guys feel about nottingham trent. Ive been seeing thats its improved so much, especially in the league table (34 according to The Guardian). It has also attained the TEF Gold award, whilst other russel group unis, like liverpool, have only achieved silver. Im becoming interested in studying pharmacology here, what do you think?

PS-Ive also applied to QMUL, UCL, KCL and Manchester. And my AS grades were AAA- (we took them for some reason even tho they dont count anymore) and my predicted grades are similar, i think.
Original post by Qasim Abbassi
Hey everyone. Im just curious on how you guys feel about nottingham trent. Ive been seeing thats its improved so much, especially in the league table (34 according to The Guardian). It has also attained the TEF Gold award, whilst other russel group unis, like liverpool, have only achieved silver. Im becoming interested in studying pharmacology here, what do you think?

PS-Ive also applied to QMUL, UCL, KCL and Manchester. And my AS grades were AAA- (we took them for some reason even tho they dont count anymore) and my predicted grades are similar, i think.

Hey @Qasim Abbassi

Great to hear you are interested in applying to NTU!

We are very proud of achieving a TEF Gold award for teaching excellence as well as being named Modern University of the Year :biggrin:

As a current student I have loved my time at NTU and although the awards we have won are recent, the teaching throughout my two years at university has been excellent.

There is of course more to university than just the course you study. I also love the Nottingham as a city as there's plenty to do including loads of places to eat and drink. We are also in the centre of the UK meaning you can get to London or Manchester in just 2 hours.

My advice to you would be to do a bit of research into the cities you have applied to as you'll be spending the next 3/4 years there, so it's important that you think you'll feel comfortable there.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Chris - NTU Rep
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Qasim Abbassi

I'm currently studying MSc Forensic Mental Health at NTU, so I'll be speaking as a new student there (:

NTU, if you consider it as a whole, is generally a really good university. I'm not talking about courses, or staff, because all that is experience and course-specific. No one faculty will define a university after all. I'm talking about facilities such as the surprisingly big library (I speak of the Boots campus) which liaise with the other campus libraries should you need to request a book from there. The gym access in the SU that you can use during breaks, location and the links surrounding it - It's in the heart of the city so access to shops, cafes, cinema or just wandering around to kill time tends to be enjoyable.

On the other hand, I would say that the buildings aren't the best looking - at least on the outside. Especially when the other local university, UoN, has buildings that are basically artwork.
Being in the city, you're still prone to seeing your occasional little chav horde who think they're the next big thing on their stolen bikes.

Just to reiterate, think of it from a faculty point of view - from the point of view of your cohort, and your module prospectus. That's your important environment, that's what you're exposed to - not the ENTIRE university.
Original post by Sykeology
I'm currently studying MSc Forensic Mental Health at NTU, so I'll be speaking as a new student there (:

NTU, if you consider it as a whole, is generally a really good university. I'm not talking about courses, or staff, because all that is experience and course-specific. No one faculty will define a university after all. I'm talking about facilities such as the surprisingly big library (I speak of the Boots campus) which liaise with the other campus libraries should you need to request a book from there. The gym access in the SU that you can use during breaks, location and the links surrounding it - It's in the heart of the city so access to shops, cafes, cinema or just wandering around to kill time tends to be enjoyable.

On the other hand, I would say that the buildings aren't the best looking - at least on the outside. Especially when the other local university, UoN, has buildings that are basically artwork.
Being in the city, you're still prone to seeing your occasional little chav horde who think they're the next big thing on their stolen bikes.

Just to reiterate, think of it from a faculty point of view - from the point of view of your cohort, and your module prospectus. That's your important environment, that's what you're exposed to - not the ENTIRE university.

Thank you for all the info!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending