The Student Room Group

Texas church attack leaves 27 dead, 20+ injured

Scroll to see replies

Absolutely heartbreaking. Another senseless loss of life, in just a few short moments
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
I agree, it could easily be another Dylann Roof Charleston style race attack.

Given the demographics of the county, that seems unlikely. :dontknow:
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Mass shootings are hardly day-to-day events.

They pretty much are, in the US. If they don't average at least one per day each year, then they really can't be far off. 28 last month according to the BBC

Like bombs in the middle-east, or famine in Africa... most of it goes unreported abroad. And when they are, is anybody really shocked by it anymore?

It's sad for those that lose their lives, but a symptom of the country's failure to fight the problem.
Reply 23
Mass shootings are hardly day-to-day events. Everywhere should be safe from that kind of violence, the kind of violence that your ideologies (Islam, Christianity) are plaguing our societies with.

I would say go and find a good reason why you hate Jesus.
Reply 24
Continued prayers for all who are suffering, having to deal with these awful crimes and the fall out.
Insanity. George Carlin called it years ago.
In America, guns (objects) are considered more valuable than people, especially when those people come from certain ethnic or religious backgrounds. They can push for policies to limit the number of people from certain backgrounds coming in and to restrict their rights as a result of the actions of people who look like them. But you must never suggest implementing a policy to limit guns. Don't even think about it!
Just because the attacker was a Christian does not mean Christianity is to blame, does it? I pray for the 27 souls lost today. :frown:
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
I don't hate Jesus. The poor guy was a deluded fool, but obviously well-meaning.

I don't like the cult that formed around him, nor the cult that it originated from, nor its brother cult.

Edgy. Hitchens would be proud. Still unsure as to how this is relevant though. A bunch of Christians got gunned down so it’s probably impolite to start debating the merits of religion on this thread. But then again, this is TSR :dontknow:
I'd say something needs to be done.

But this is America. So lets all say a prayer and pretend to act surprised when it happens again.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Edgy. Hitchens would be proud. Still unsure as to how this is relevant though. A bunch of Christians got gunned down so it’s probably impolite to start debating the merits of religion on this thread. But then again, this is TSR :dontknow:

n&ca on here has always been aids. There will be more neckbeards here tomorrow
Yeah I agree terrorism has no religion!
Original post by JMR2017
Just because the attacker was a Christian does not mean Christianity is to blame, does it? I pray for the 27 souls lost today. :frown:

All I’ve seen as a description is the guy was white, how do we know his motives or religion?

I’d say it’s unlikely he is a Christian as he just shot 50 of them on purpose as his chosen victims
Original post by Trapz99
This isn't the time for this sort of comment

I don't think it's affecting anything outside of this particular section of this particular thread on TSR. And even in this specific space its effect is insubstantial.
(edited 6 years ago)
Mass shootings are hardly day-to-day events.

Unless you're American.
Original post by JMR2017

He wasn't even Christian, boys :rofl:
What i find the most ironic thing about it is that all those pro gun nuts in the US always tried to argue “Mass shootings would NEVER happen in an open carry state like Texas”. WELL...
Original post by adumbledoreable
What i find the most ironic thing about it is that all those pro gun nuts in the US always tried to argue “Mass shootings would NEVER happen in an open carry state like Texas”. WELL...

Or "shootings happen in schools because we have taken God away from schools!"
Original post by Racoon
I would say go and find a good reason why you hate Jesus.

Jesus wasn't Christian or Muslim. He was Jewish.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
He wasn't even Christian, boys :rofl:

I’ve just been told his Facebook is connected to loads of atheists stuff.

Don’t know how true that is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending