The Student Room Group

Menstrual Cup User. AMA!

As the thread title says, knock yourselves out!

I am not a doctor or medical professional so take whatever I say with a pinch of salt!

No hate, menstruation is a perfectly natural process that some people have to deal with!
How difficult is it to get the hang of? I've been considering changing and donating all my pads and tampons to a homeless charity that collect sanitary wear for the homeless. But I've heard mixed reviews of the cup. Some say its difficult, some say it leaks and some say the previous happens because people don't do it right.
Reply 2
Original post by MorgzC
How difficult is it to get the hang of? I've been considering changing and donating all my pads and tampons to a homeless charity that collect sanitary wear for the homeless. But I've heard mixed reviews of the cup. Some say its difficult, some say it leaks and some say the previous happens because people don't do it right.

First few tries you might want to wear a pad or pantyliner just in case you leak but it is fairly easy to get the hang of! Its just a case of finding the right fold for the cup.
Original post by MorgzC

If you look up Precious Stars Pads on YouTube, she has lots of good advice on menstrual cups. There are so many different makes, so if one doesn't work for you, it's worth trying another make.
surreptitiously advertising femmycycle. I've gone through a lot of lists on best diva cup etc. but I've been using femmycycle and the best thing about it is you don't have to dig your finger in and make sure there's a seal or anything. I think it saves a lot of time for me.
If u have a heavy flow and it fills up, is it difficult to take it out without spilling? How long can u keep it in for?
Original post by Anonymous
If u have a heavy flow and it fills up, is it difficult to take it out without spilling? How long can u keep it in for?

that is why I'm recommending femmycycle. It has a no spill design and I can keep it in overnight during heavy flow with no problems at all!
how does it stay up there though?!! like what if it falls out? is it uncomfortable?
Original post by CleverSquirrel
how does it stay up there though?!! like what if it falls out? is it uncomfortable?

It stays up because your vaginal walls close in on it and almost never falls put unless you pull it out.
Reply 9
How do you get it up there? Like do you literally just push it up?
Sorry, I don't even use tampons (only sanitary towels) so I have no clue how it works :redface:
Original post by Sleepy22
How do you get it up there? Like do you literally just push it up?
Sorry, I don't even use tampons (only sanitary towels) so I have no clue how it works :redface:

There's usually instructions on the manual/booklet. It's not very hard once you have done it a few times. I did it a couple times before my periods so it wouldn't be hard to wear it when I needed to. You normally fold it and insert it in. For femmycycle, you don't have to do anything afterwards, but for some cups, I think you have to rotate it to ensure a seal of some sorts.

Quick Reply

Latest