The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St John's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Tagging the applicants I know from the Cambridge thread: @Blos @bonnie_x @Student1256 @HeadHoncho

Spoiler

Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hi there! I'm applying for history :smile: Just sent in all my written work so now just got to wait and see!
Original post by Katherine.M
Hi there! I'm applying for history :smile: Just sent in all my written work so now just got to wait and see!

Awesome to see other applicants :smile: Hope all goes well! Just waiting for the interview invites now :afraid:

Did you get asked for a data protection form/proof of UMS as well as written work? Nobody seems to know whether John's asks for them or not :redface: I personally haven't been asked for anything.
Hey everyone, I'm a potential medic :smile: and I've not been asked for a data protection form/UMS either. I'm assuming they just ask us to fill it in later than other colleges?
Original post by Kaedra
Awesome to see other applicants :smile: Hope all goes well! Just waiting for the interview invites now :afraid:

Did you get asked for a data protection form/proof of UMS as well as written work? Nobody seems to know whether John's asks for them or not :redface: I personally haven't been asked for anything.

Nope I haven’t heard anything, by the looks of things St. John’s just doesn’t do them yet at least. Either that or they’ve somehow missed loads of their applicants which seems pretty unlikely!
Reply 2005
Nope I haven’t heard anything, by the looks of things St. John’s just doesn’t do them yet at least. Either that or they’ve somehow missed loads of their applicants which seems pretty unlikely!

I think you're right they probably don't do it
Original post by Kaedra

I think they’d put it on the applicant portal (not sure if everyone has that), or maybe they only ask people once they are given offers??
Original post by bonnie_x
Hey everyone, I'm a potential medic :smile: and I've not been asked for a data protection form/UMS either. I'm assuming they just ask us to fill it in later than other colleges?

Original post by Blos
I think you're right they probably don't do it

Original post by HeadHoncho
I think they’d put it on the applicant portal (not sure if everyone has that), or maybe they only ask people once they are given offers??

Haha, it's a relief to know that everyone's in the same boat :tongue: Here's hoping we all get interviews soon!
Original post by Kaedra
A thread for 2018 applicants to St John's College, Cambridge :smile:

Please feel free to introduce yourself and the subject you are applying for, and hopefully we can make it through the admissions process together!

Personally I'm a hopeful Physical NatSci :wink:

For those with portal login details: Provisional subject interview dates can be found here.

Hi, I'm David and I'm applying for Natural Sciences through the Biological route. I study maths, physics, biology and chemistry at Sixth Form and am the only one to apply for Cambridge. If I get in I hope to study a couple of biology modules and physics, or maybe one of each science.
Reply 2009
Original post by Kaedra
Haha, it's a relief to know that everyone's in the same boat :tongue: Here's hoping we all get interviews soon!

Praying for an interview, the saying 'Cambridge interviews 90% of applicants' has really hyped me up
Original post by Blos
Praying for an interview, the saying 'Cambridge interviews 90% of applicants' has really hyped me up

Not quite, it's roughly 75-80%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doc Dave
Hi, I'm David and I'm applying for Natural Sciences through the Biological route. I study maths, physics, biology and chemistry at Sixth Form and am the only one to apply for Cambridge. If I get in I hope to study a couple of biology modules and physics, or maybe one of each science.

Funnily enough I was thinking of something similar, at least taking a biology module :tongue: I guess that's the best thing about NatSci :smile:
Original post by Blos

75-80% are still pretty good chances and much better than other medical schools! I have hope haha
What made everyone choose John's, out of interest? :smile:
Reply 2014

It has a large group of medics so I took it to consideration and founds out more and it just made me excited

Wasn't planning to but I fell in love at the open day, it's really a beautiful college :smile:

As a side note: Did anyone else get an email from John's last night asking for any additional documents to be uploaded? They haven't said which ones though, being all mysterious about this :tongue: I might see if I can find proof of ums to scan in or something
Original post by Kaedra
Wasn't planning to but I fell in love at the open day, it's really a beautiful college :smile:

As a side note: Did anyone else get an email from John's last night asking for any additional documents to be uploaded? They haven't said which ones though, being all mysterious about this :tongue: I might see if I can find proof of ums to scan in or something

Yeah, they said only relevant stuff so I’m thinking of sending in raw marks for linear subjects, but idk what else is ‘relevant’ that I haven’t already included in the rest of my app
Reply 2017
Original post by Kaedra

Hi there, another physical NatSci applicant here.
I also received that email asking for additional documents. I’ve been thinking about Olympiad certificates but not sure what to classify them as...
Also I guess the upload portal is used by arts and humanities students for submission of specific essay? In that case maybe we could submit research project papers
Original post by Cened
Hi there, another physical NatSci applicant here.
I also received that email asking for additional documents. I’ve been thinking about Olympiad certificates but not sure what to classify them as...
Also I guess the upload portal is used by arts and humanities students for submission of specific essay? In that case maybe we could submit research project papers

I emailed them over a week ago to ask about which documents they wanted, but still no reply :redface: I'll update on here if I hear anything.
Original post by Kaedra
I emailed them over a week ago to ask about which documents they wanted, but still no reply :redface: I'll update on here if I hear anything.

Call them up! The lady who answered me on the phone was lovely. Might be a bit late at night now though :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending