The Student Room Group

Midwifery Interview, Scenarios

Hi Everyone,

I have a midwifery university interview in a couple of days and am finding it really hard to prepare for scenario based questions. The interview is a MMI but is scenario based. Does anyone have any tips and could you perhaps leave me scenarios to help prepare with?
Original post by charlottet77
Hi Everyone,

I have a midwifery university interview in a couple of days and am finding it really hard to prepare for scenario based questions. The interview is a MMI but is scenario based. Does anyone have any tips and could you perhaps leave me scenarios to help prepare with?

Hi, I am a first year adult nurse and had MMI's for one on my interviews (the university I'm at now), there's not really much you can do to prepare for it as the whole idea is to put you on the spot. However you can google example scenarios and ask someone to test you, just to get a bit of a feel for it.
The best bit of advice I can give is when you get given the scenario, take 10-20 seconds to think about what you want to say to avoid waffling, it's so easy to jump into your answer without actually knowing what you want to say.
Good luck & I hope this helps a bit.
Original post by mel_l218
Hi, I am a first year adult nurse and had MMI's for one on my interviews (the university I'm at now), there's not really much you can do to prepare for it as the whole idea is to put you on the spot. However you can google example scenarios and ask someone to test you, just to get a bit of a feel for it.
The best bit of advice I can give is when you get given the scenario, take 10-20 seconds to think about what you want to say to avoid waffling, it's so easy to jump into your answer without actually knowing what you want to say.
Good luck & I hope this helps a bit.

Yes I tried to google some but tbh I can't find many, maybe I am being too specific. Did you find it harder than standard interviews or easier as that is the university you are now attending? Thanks for the advice
I agree with the above poster, I’m doing children’s nursing and the uni that I’m studying at had MMI interviews. They are hard to prepare for as prior to my interview I was researching scenarios that may come up on a nursing interview, and when I actually had my interview the scenarios were not actually related to nursing apart from one of them, they were more ‘general’ scenarios. Personally I found the MMI interviews harder than my other interviews, which were the traditional type but this doesn’t mean you will. My friend who had the interview the same day as me, much preferred the MMI over the traditional so I think it’s just down to preference x
Original post by charlottet77
Yes I tried to google some but tbh I can't find many, maybe I am being too specific. Did you find it harder than standard interviews or easier as that is the university you are now attending? Thanks for the advice

Hi, I think I googled 'MMI questions' or possibly 'MMI nursing questions', otherwise just practice general nursing or midwifery questions just to get into the swing of answering questions & thinking on the spot. I got offers from both universities I applied to and wouldn't say one type of interview was easier than the other really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending