The Student Room Group

Girlfriend followed a bunch of people on Instagram from hotel resort we visited ?

So 2 weeks ago, we went for a 3 day holiday to gran canaria. Had a lovely time.

However, yesterday a guy commented on my girlfriend picture, that "you have a nice pair of pins" . I went on this guys profile and he had taken photos at the same Hotel we stayed in, during the time we were there.

I did some more stalking of people who were on his Instagram, and my girlfriend was already following 3 people who had been tagged in his instagram. All of whom went on holiday to the same hotel during the time we went there.

I don't recall my girlfriend talking to any strangers during the holiday and we spent all of our time together.

When did she meet this guy and his friends ? I checked her instagram inbox and she hasn't received any dms or anything.

Scroll to see replies

Did you ask her about it?
Reply 2
This reads like the premise for a psychological horror.
Original post by Anonymous
So 2 weeks ago, we went for a 3 day holiday to gran canaria. Had a lovely time.

However, yesterday a guy commented on my girlfriend picture, that "you have a nice pair of pins" . I went on this guys profile and he had taken photos at the same Hotel we stayed in, during the time we were there.

I did some more stalking of people who were on his Instagram, and my girlfriend was already following 3 people who had been tagged in his instagram. All of whom went on holiday to the same hotel during the time we went there.

I don't recall my girlfriend talking to any strangers during the holiday and we spent all of our time together.

When did she meet this guy and his friends ? I checked her instagram inbox and she hasn't received any dms or anything.

Has she been acting different ? Maybe the guy found her on Instagram and followed her. I would say ask her and see what she says, you’ll know for sure then.
Reply 4
Original post by cheesecakelove
Did you ask her about it?

Not yet, I dont want to come across clingy over a one time comment.

lol are you saying that to wind me up ?

Original post by Profesh
This reads like the premise for a psychological horror.

Hope not

Original post by Onlyasking
Has she been acting different ? Maybe the guy found her on Instagram and followed her. I would say ask her and see what she says, you’ll know for sure then.

No she is acting the same. I dont have a problem with her talking to guys or going on girls nights out etc. Just seems odd she met up to 4 people on Holiday, that I didnt know about.
No she is acting the same. I dont have a problem with her talking to guys or going on girls nights out etc. Just seems odd she met up to 4 people on Holiday, that I didnt know about.

Hmm if she’s given you a reason to doubt her, I completely understand. Otherwise just be careful with how you ask her, if she hasn’t done something wrong you could offend her. It seems like you don’t trust her. That does sound strange and not a coincidence, since it’s 4 people I would suggest asking her for sure.
Hmm if she’s given you a reason to doubt her, I completely understand. Otherwise just be careful with how you ask her, if she hasn’t done something wrong you could offend her. It seems like you don’t trust her. That does sound strange and not a coincidence, since it’s 4 people I would suggest asking her for sure.

Shouldn't be offensive asking a simple question like that. If she finds it offensive she's an idiot lol.
She was defs hitting up gang bang parties while you were sleeping.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Shouldn't be offensive asking a simple question like that. If she finds it offensive she's an idiot lol.

Well if my bf accused me of anything along the lines of that I’d be very offended. It shows that he doesn’t trust me or he assumed I don’t respect myself enough to not entertain any ounce of attention I get.
Reply 9
Well if my bf accused me of anything along the lines of that I’d be very offended. It shows that he doesn’t trust me or he assumed I don’t respect myself enough to not entertain any ounce of attention I get.

ok, so I texted her and just mentioned that I saw a comment on her instagram account that was bugging me and I was just curious what happened.

She said she woke up early one day and went for a swim and found a spot near a bunch of irish guys who began talking to her. They asked for her instagram as she was leaving and she just followed them back.

which odd coz she doesn't normally follow back but at end of the day its only instagram

How can you have that attitude with a username like that :laugh:

Btw trust is earned. You gain trust by answering innocent questions like the ones OP has and not making a big deal about it. You lose trust by acting all defensive instead of being straightforward about it.
(edited 6 years ago)
ok, so I texted her and just mentioned that I saw a comment on her instagram account that was bugging me and I was just curious what happened.

She said she woke up early one day and went for a swim and found a spot near a bunch of irish guys who began talking to her. They asked for her instagram as she was leaving and she just followed them back.

which odd coz she doesn't normally follow back but at end of the day its only instagram

Hmmm that does sound strange, they clearly got the impression that she was interested for them to feel comfortable enough to ask her. Did she tell you exactly what happened or did you piece it together ? If she was honest with you I guess you don’t have anything to worry about
Original post by ChickenMadness
How can you have that attitude with a username like that :laugh:

Btw trust is earned. You gain trust by answering innocent questions like the ones OP has and not making a big deal about it. You lose trust by acting all defensive instead of being straightforward about it.

LOOOOOOL 😂 I was only intending on asking one question. I know my name is cringey, as if I have an attitude.

So trust is this some sort of dog treat, you answered my question so here’s a treat, I trust you. Relationships don’t work like that, you should trust the person before you get into a relationship with them. Once they’ve broken your trust sure then it’s earned. I wouldn’t say getting offended is defensive.
Reply 13
You checked her inbox hahaha.

Mate just ask the question, yous are already in trouble if you're checking her inbox.
They live somewhere else, whats the big deal? If anything the guy(s) are ***** for making them sort of comments when clearly she has a bf. Just reply to the comment and say shes taken.

She said she woke up early one day and went for a swim and found a spot near a bunch of irish guys...

I'm thinking they're the ones who found her spot, one after the other...
Hmmm that does sound strange, they clearly got the impression that she was interested for them to feel comfortable enough to ask her. Did she tell you exactly what happened or did you piece it together ? If she was honest with you I guess you don’t have anything to worry about

I just said, hey I noticed that guy commented on your IG, looks like he was stayed at our hotel, how do you know him ? I dont remember seeing him.
then she said she met and his friends whilst swimming, she happened to sit next to them as it was a less crowded part, He initiated conversation thinking she was irish and they got talking about things to do in the island and he asked if he could follow her as she left.

Original post by gjd800
You checked her inbox hahaha.

Mate just ask the question, yous are already in trouble if you're checking her inbox.

keyboard warrior, I guarantee you would do the same
What happens on holiday should stay there.
I'd believe your girlfriend her story sounds believable. She went for a swim some guys probably started to chat her up like lads do when they are on holiday and having fun.. they may of been drunk who knows. Maybe She just spoke to them out of politeness and then followed them on Instagram to be friendly.

You didn't even know about these guys until you saw her profile so I'm guessing nothing much happened, if anything at all otherwise you'd have noticed surely. Or did you spend large amounts of time away from her?

Take your girlfriends word for it, unless you come across anything more suspicious. If these guys live in Ireland what's the worse that could happen?
Your girlfriend receives an inappropriately sexual comment from a strange guy on Facebook and you are somehow upset at her? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this relationship isn't likely to work out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending