The Student Room Group

The 2017-8 FCA Graduate Development Programme

Anyone else applied?

Scroll to see replies

I'm looking to start my application soon for the enforcement programme. What will you be applying for?
Reply 2
Original post by warratz10
I'm looking to start my application soon for the enforcement programme. What will you be applying for?

Great! I just submitted my application for Economics Grad Development programme. Have to start doing my tests soon :smile:
Need to do some practice tests but will apply near end of month. What test packs are you guys using to prepare
Reply 4
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
Need to do some practice tests but will apply near end of month. What test packs are you guys using to prepare

I will use whatever is available online. Which scheme are you planning to apply?
I applied to the Enforcement stream and have been invited to an assessment centre. Was hoping to get into the one next week but now it's full. Wondering if anybody is also attending the assessment centre and would possibly be able to swap to the mid December or mid January date? I'll be out of the country during that period so the November date is the only one I'll be able to make...
Original post by raganosio
I will use whatever is available online. Which scheme are you planning to apply?

Strategy and competition. hoping it all goes well
Reply 7
Does anybody know until when the AC's are running?
Original post by AmyJane321
I applied to the Enforcement stream and have been invited to an assessment centre. Was hoping to get into the one next week but now it's full. Wondering if anybody is also attending the assessment centre and would possibly be able to swap to the mid December or mid January date? I'll be out of the country during that period so the November date is the only one I'll be able to make...

How many assessment centres are there because i will be away december to January as well
Reply 9
At my AC we were told that there are 3 ACs booked in - I would assume that one will definitely be held in December as we were told offers are handed out by Jan.
Reply 10
Original post by OBenson
At my AC we were told that there are 3 ACs booked in - I would assume that one will definitely be held in December as we were told offers are handed out by Jan.

are they scheme specific?
How many assessment centres are there because i will be away december to January as well

theres only 3 ACs, the two left are Dec 14 and Jan 11, and theres only 8 spots in each AC for enforcement
Original post by OBenson

did you go to an enforcement AC?
Original post by AmyJane321
theres only 3 ACs, the two left are Dec 14 and Jan 11, and theres only 8 spots in each AC for enforcement

Wtf...i still have to do my tests. So the assessments are divided by the programmes?
Reply 14
Wtf...i still have to do my tests. So the assessments are divided by the programmes?

I remember reading in two-year-old forum some people got to AC and passed and later found out there were no more spaces available in recruitment. FCA application deadline closes late but they do emphasise that they recruit on a continuing basis.

Maybe those ACs listed above are only for one scheme?
Reply 15
I went to an AC for enforcement and we were told there are 3 for enforcement, but every scheme followed v similar lines so I'd assume there are 3 for all the rest.
Reply 16
I remember reading in two-year-old forum some people got to AC and passed and later found out there were no more spaces available in recruitment. FCA application deadline closes late but they do emphasise that they recruit on a continuing basis.

Maybe those ACs listed above are only for one scheme?

We were told - like people from those old forums - that if you either failed or spectacularly passed the benchmark, you would know in one to two weeks. If you passed the benchmark but weren't outstanding you have to wait along with everyone else till all of the ACs have taken place.
Reply 17
Original post by OBenson
I went to an AC for enforcement and we were told there are 3 for enforcement, but every scheme followed v similar lines so I'd assume there are 3 for all the rest.

Btw how did you find the analysis exercise? (I did AC last year and that was the most traumatising exercise to me)
Reply 18
Btw how did you find the analysis exercise? (I did AC last year and that was the most traumatising exercise to me)

Oh man it was definitely the worst part for me and I think everyone else - I went for quality over quantity but who knows!
Reply 19
Original post by OBenson
Oh man it was definitely the worst part for me and I think everyone else - I went for quality over quantity but who knows!

last year it was my first exercise during the day and I almost walked out of the AC... I stuck to it...dd not pass in the end, but good experience. I still would not know how to successfully approach that task again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending