The Student Room Group
Aren't they cheap to buy?
All my life I’ve work white socks and I think it look good, you can’t justify not liking a piece of clothing just because you don’t like it
Reply 3
Original post by Peterbokor
All my life I’ve work white socks and I think it look good, you can’t justify not liking a piece of clothing just because you don’t like it

I’m not hating, I’m just curious as to why people do it
someone that agrees with me! it's so ugly and looks so mis matched haha
Original post by iwant2die
Why do boys, specifically those in Year 10 and 11, think it’s okay or it looks good to wear white socks with their school uniform? Your shoes and trousers are black. Why are you wearing white socks?

Anyone else agree?

I’m a 16 year old guy and I can’t understand it myself, especially now that we wear our own suits. It genuinely just doesn’t work, like pls wear black socks or the same color as your suit
Also white socks get dirty so easily, so why even bother having them?
Original post by iwant2die
Why do boys, specifically those in Year 10 and 11, think it’s okay or it looks good to wear white socks with their school uniform? Your shoes and trousers are black. Why are you wearing white socks?

Anyone else agree?

I have seen plenty of girls wearing black shoes and black trousers with white socks too and even businesswomen too!
I think white socks is the new trend these days. My cousin prefers to wear white socks with his sliders and I honestly don't understand the point of it. I mean if you wear white socks with your uniform then who would actually look at what socks you are wearing?
When I was in school it was because they were sports socks and they’re what we had in ample supply being active teens. Without thought for style, it’d likely be what I’d grab from the drawer while still half asleep and slipping into my uniform.

Also used to play football during breaks and so didn’t particularly want my feet to be sweating in dress socks but that’s a side thought
Reply 10
I think it looks good?
Cheap, multi-purpose (sports socks), and they're usually under your trousers so it doesn't matter anyway.

Original post by Future-Barista
Also white socks get dirty so easily, so why even bother having them?

White socks get dirty at the same rate as black socks. The difference is that you can see it.

Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
I think white socks is the new trend these days. My cousin prefers to wear white socks with his sliders and I honestly don't understand the point of it. I mean if you wear white socks with your uniform then who would actually look at what socks you are wearing?

Not a new trend, it was always the case when I was at school. Maybe it stopped being trendy for a while.
(edited 5 years ago)
Who cares about sock colour? Most the time you can’t even see it.
Original post by Andrew97
Who cares about sock colour? Most the time you can’t even see it.

Well said.
dont be sexist , girls wear white socks with their uniforms

Latest