The Student Room Group

RAF OASC November 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
How much of IOT, Pahse 2 and also 2nd job choice knowledge is required for interview.
Reply 21
Original post by jamesbb93
Yeah you’ll only know when you’re there and doing it. I think I’m the most relaxed over OASC... CBAT was my most feared part! I went to Brize Norton on a potential officers day. Had a presentation from 2 Intelligence Guys! Obviously they didn’t go into details on ops or anything, but what they covered was great! Where are you going for WSOp?

I've been to both Odiham and Cranwell for Fam Visits for WSOp and both were really good, gives you a really good insight to the role. Should be fine for fitness, how are you guys prepping for the fitness side of things?
Original post by Asun
How much of IOT, Pahse 2 and also 2nd job choice knowledge is required for interview.

All of it... the interviewers will probs you until you can’t answer anymore. I’d go in knowing as much as you possible can :smile:
Reply 23
All of it... the interviewers will probs you until you can’t answer anymore. I’d go in knowing as much as you possible can :smile:
Thanks mate that helps
Original post by Asun

No matter how much you know, the interviewers will get you to the point where you run out of knowledge. They're not so much testing how much you know, it's more that they want to see how you react when you don't know something. Do you flap, do you make things up, do you freeze up...etc.

What do you think they want to see?
Original post by SamWHU
How you feeling ahead of OASC?

Yeah feeling good and confident. Unfortunately I missed the 'prep day' where they undergo some of the tasks etc due to illness, but I may try and get myself on the next one before I go down to Cranwell. Yourself?
Original post by SamWHU
I've been to both Odiham and Cranwell for Fam Visits for WSOp and both were really good, gives you a really good insight to the role. Should be fine for fitness, how are you guys prepping for the fitness side of things?

Odiham is a good shout.. By the sounds of it, you're not too far from me!
Phys is going well. I'm in the gym 5-6 times a week and I'm mixing the bleep test up with a 'treadmill style bleep test'. Training chest, shoulders, arms and core which is helping with the press-ups and sit-ups as well. I'm pushing for light blue now so it gives me a bit of breathing space at OASC. What about you?
Reply 27
Odiham is a good shout.. By the sounds of it, you're not too far from me!
Phys is going well. I'm in the gym 5-6 times a week and I'm mixing the bleep test up with a 'treadmill style bleep test'. Training chest, shoulders, arms and core which is helping with the press-ups and sit-ups as well. I'm pushing for light blue now so it gives me a bit of breathing space at OASC. What about you?

I'd recommend Odiham if you can go!
I've been trying to do fitness as much as possible, been practicing the bleep test and the treadmill version too, it's difficult for me fitting everything in around a full time job! Should be fine though, I'm reaching a good leave at the mo
Reply 28
Original post by Nadger
I’m in for the 10th of December too - WSOp at the moment but may swap that for Intelligence as my number 1 choice. Still debating it!

Have PM'd you Nadger!
Reply 29
Anyone else going down on the 14th of Nov?
Reply 30
Original post by CD135
Anyone else going down on the 14th of Nov?

I'm there on the 14th
Reply 31
Original post by SamWHU
I'm there on the 14th

Sweet, what branch are you going for?
Reply 32
Original post by CD135
Sweet, what branch are you going for?

WSOP, how about you?
Reply 33
Original post by SamWHU
WSOP, how about you?

Good choice, going for Regiment myself - been serving 5 and a half years now.
Reply 34
Original post by CD135
Good choice, going for Regiment myself - been serving 5 and a half years now.

Nice! Have you been serving in the Regiment or another area?
Reply 35
Original post by SamWHU
Nice! Have you been serving in the Regiment or another area?

Yeah Regiment in the Reserves, going for Reserve officer too. Same selection procedure for us! This is my second time at OASC so no pressure 😂
Reply 36
Original post by CD135
Yeah Regiment in the Reserves, going for Reserve officer too. Same selection procedure for us! This is my second time at OASC so no pressure 😂

Sounds good mate, you feeling good for this time around? Any advice you'd give based on your last one?
Reply 37
Original post by SamWHU
Sounds good mate, you feeling good for this time around? Any advice you'd give based on your last one?

At the gym just now mate. I'll dm you when I am back. Got loads of stuff!
Reply 38
Original post by CD135
At the gym just now mate. I'll dm you when I am back. Got loads of stuff!

Okay mate that would be great! Cheers
Reply 39
I'll see you both on the 14th November for OASC too! Good Luck guys!

Quick Reply

Latest