The Student Room Group

Why does every TSR member have 4 A*s at A-Level?

I swear to god every person of TSR claims to have A*A*A*A*A* predicted grades and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AS levels. Applies to Oxford, UCL, Imperial.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got distinctly average A levels.
U forgot about the university of Cambridge :wink:
I've never claimed that.
Because everyone is a genius on the internet.
Original post by Texxers
I swear to god every person of TSR claims to have A*A*A*A*A* predicted grades and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AS levels. Applies to Oxford, UCL, Imperial.

TSR is a weird cross-section of the student population. Your average 16-18 y/o doesn't go on student forums unless they care about their studies, so it's very unrepresentative.

I certainly didn't get 4 A* at A-Level.
I didn't get 4 A*s.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Usually because most of the posters who give their grade are those that have the grades to brag about or are making them up
a Student forum will tend to attract more of the academically able students, it's not that there are more of them in the country, it's just this website has the largest concentration of the minority.
Reply 9
They want a bigger ego.
And yet they still wonder whether they have a chance of getting into Oxbridge
Original post by Texxers

Ikr, it literally annoys me so much. And what ****** me off even more is they brag about "Am I good enough for Oxbridge" like for ****'s sake can't you see?
(edited 6 years ago)
because TSRians are cultured people of good taste
Original post by The RAR
Ikr, it literally annoys me so much. And what ****** me off even more is they brag about "Am I good enough for Oxbridge" like for ****'s sake can't you see?

People who make posts like that with top grades are certified tossers.
Reply 14
my GCSE's are complete trash not a single A*...but i'm still applying to UCL *puts sunglasses on* :danceboy:
Original post by Texxers

Also has the worlds highest concentration of peeps who got A/A* at GCSE with no revision and went from E to A at A level in a few months. Bluecow made a good point.
I've never done A-levels :wink:
Original post by Froppy
my GCSE's are complete trash not a single A*...but i'm still applying to UCL *puts sunglasses on* :danceboy:

'Applying' to ucl doesnt make you smart lol
I especially hate the ones that are like "I got A* A* A* A* A*, I'm head boy/head girl, gave a kidney to a dying child, helped out during the Ebola crisis AND I represented team GB in the Olympic Games and got 3 gold medals, do you think I have a chance at Oxbridge? (I know this is a long shot)"
I doubt most of them are lying. I got A*A*A* quite conformably from a crappy comp and probably could have done 1-2 more A Levels (tried to do 4 wasn't allowed lol). 2,000/300,000 people every year get 3A*+ across the UK. Realistically a lot of them will come onto TSR, particularly those who are applying to Oxbridge, those forums are very popular.

I don't really know what else you'd expect on a student forum, its quite normal to see people interested in education and excelling in it.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending