The Student Room Group

OIAF self employed multiple bank accounts

Hello,

I’ve recently received a letter about my current employment details. After graduating, I have moved back to Lithuania and I am self employed here. I have been doing some freelance work every now and then for a couple of years now only started doing it full time a couple of months ago.
I have two bank accounts. One in UK is the one my parents used to transfer me some money while I was studying and the one in Lithuania is the one that I am living of of right now (it is the same one that my clients are paying into). Which account statements should I send you? Should I leave the gross annual income box empty? Also, what should I do with the direct debit form that you’ve sent me? Thank you.
Original post by pelpijus
Hello,

I’ve recently received a letter about my current employment details. After graduating, I have moved back to Lithuania and I am self employed here. I have been doing some freelance work every now and then for a couple of years now only started doing it full time a couple of months ago.
I have two bank accounts. One in UK is the one my parents used to transfer me some money while I was studying and the one in Lithuania is the one that I am living of of right now (it is the same one that my clients are paying into). Which account statements should I send you? Should I leave the gross annual income box empty? Also, what should I do with the direct debit form that you’ve sent me? Thank you.

Hi pelpijus,

You don't need to do anything with the Direct Debit form unless you are wanting to make repayments by Direct Debit through your UK bank account.

If you are in your first year of self-employment you would leave the gross annual income box empty but send us copies of your bank statements dated within the last three months. The bank statements must show your name and the funds you’re living from. I would advise sending statements from both accounts.

More details are available on the Evidence Information Sheet or you can call the Repayments team on +44 141 243 3660.

Regards,

Stuart
Reply 2
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi pelpijus,

You don't need to do anything with the Direct Debit form unless you are wanting to make repayments by Direct Debit through your UK bank account.

If you are in your first year of self-employment you would leave the gross annual income box empty but send us copies of your bank statements dated within the last three months. The bank statements must show your name and the funds you’re living from. I would advise sending statements from both accounts.

More details are available on the Evidence Information Sheet or you can call the Repayments team on +44 141 243 3660.

Regards,

Stuart

Thank you for your time very much. What should I put in the date self-employment started box if I've been doing bits freelance work for a couple of years now but only started doing it full time after uni ended? :smile:

Best,
Pijus
Original post by pelpijus
Thank you for your time very much. What should I put in the date self-employment started box if I've been doing bits freelance work for a couple of years now but only started doing it full time after uni ended? :smile:

Best,
Pijus

Hi Pijus,

Use the date you started full time self-employment. If this shows you're in the first year of self-employment then the evidence advice given earlier is what we require.

Regards,

Stuart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending