The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Nursing: How much support do you get at Russell Group Universities

I was just wondering how much support do you get at Russell Group universities compared to other universities? I'm planning on studying Paediatric Nursing next year but I'm worried I won't get as much support at The University of Manchester compared to somewhere like Sheffield Hallam University.
Original post by HanLouise17
I was just wondering how much support do you get at Russell Group universities compared to other universities? I'm planning on studying Paediatric Nursing next year but I'm worried I won't get as much support at The University of Manchester compared to somewhere like Sheffield Hallam University.

The Russell group is for research intensive unis so where you go will not affect how much support you get from that perspective. Check out the unis you're interested in specifically from a support perspective and then decide.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
The Russell group is for research intensive unis so where you go will not affect how much support you get from that perspective. Check out the unis you're interested in specifically from a support perspective and then decide.

So wherever I decide to go the support will still be the same?
Original post by HanLouise17
So wherever I decide to go the support will still be the same?

Err no. But being a Russell group uni will not automatically mean better support per se.
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
Err no. But being a Russell group uni will not automatically mean better support per se.

Okay thanks.
Reply 5
See what they say and how they speak to you at the open day or interview. I personally got an idea at the interviews, about which uni's where very interested in making it clear how much they would support us/ compared to other uni's which didn't say much on the issue. At these interviews/open days make sure you speak to current students. I'm not doing nursing but another similar course at a different uni. I have had a few people saying manchester uni wasn't very supportive/welcoming but that is just what I've been told, I don't have a clue myself..
Reply 6
Varies wildly, in my experience. It's hard to give a catch-all answer on this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending