The Student Room Group

Personal statement

Hello,

I am currently doing A2 and writing my personal statement for computer science (it's almost done).

I have done a-level Polish (AS and A2) 2 years early alongside with my GCSEs in 2015, so my question is: should I include this in my personal statement, and if so then how do I link this to computer science?

Thanks
Original post by ScrewTheExams
Hello,

I am currently doing A2 and writing my personal statement for computer science (it's almost done).

I have done a-level Polish (AS and A2) 2 years early alongside with my GCSEs in 2015, so my question is: should I include this in my personal statement, and if so then how do I link this to computer science?

Thanks

It will be on your form- so I wouldn't reccomend to put it in the PS
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
It will be on your form- so I wouldn't reccomend to put it in the PS

So I shouldn't mention anything about it? Such as the fact that I attended Polish Saturday school classes every week in preparation for the a-level 2 years early?

Thanks
Original post by ScrewTheExams
So I shouldn't mention anything about it? Such as the fact that I attended Polish Saturday school classes every week in preparation for the a-level 2 years early?

Thanks

That doesn't affect your application in any way and lots of people do things like this. Your PS should be about your academic interest in the subject and why you want to study it. Your qualifications go on your application.
Original post by alleycat393
That doesn't affect your application in any way and lots of people do things like this. Your PS should be about your academic interest in the subject and why you want to study it. Your qualifications go on your application.

Well I ended up including it. I linked it to my interest, slightly exaggrated but it made sense. My tutor said my statement should be mainly on why I want to study the subject but also that I can include my interests, which is what I kind of done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending