The Student Room Group

Difference between Business Management and Management

Hi, I am in the process of choosing universities courses. I want to do business management degree. I've noticed that Birmingham for example call the degree BSc Business management and Bristol call it BSc Management 9UCAS codes both being N200). Is there a difference in the course entirely or do Bristol just shorten the name. I have looked into the modules and a lot of them say the same stuff. Thanks
Original post by kleach12
Hi, I am in the process of choosing universities courses. I want to do business management degree. I've noticed that Birmingham for example call the degree BSc Business management and Bristol call it BSc Management 9UCAS codes both being N200). Is there a difference in the course entirely or do Bristol just shorten the name. I have looked into the modules and a lot of them say the same stuff. Thanks

Different unis may call the same degree or very similar degrees different things so focus on the content and now the names.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Different unis may call the same degree or very similar degrees different things so focus on the content and now the names.

So you think with business management in mind, It would be fine to go to Bristol and study Management?
So you think with business management in mind, It would be fine to go to Bristol and study Management?

You said you've done the research and the content is very similar so yes.

No difference. Probably just a philosophical difference, as Management can be said to include management of the non-business kind, whilst Business Management may not. In real life, it doesn't matter at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending