The Student Room Group

Edexcel 9-1 GCSE Maths Resits Nov 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MarkDeathRider
Sorry for l8 reply.Im not sure I can help you since your doing a different tier.Best I can say is dont panic.gl

Thank you and you,
Reply 21
Original post by lianne.b
Thank you, are you taking re-sits as well?

Yes I am. Failed it for my GCSE's last year and want to give it another try. I was only 5 marks away originally.

I have my next exam tomorrow. Hope it goes well. :smile:
Original post by LeonVH
Yes uI am. Failed it for my GCSE's last year and want to give it another try. I was only 5 marks away originally.

I have my next exam tomorrow. Hope it goes well. :smile:

And you, good luck. My view is can't be any worse then the first paper !!
How did you guys find the exam today?
Original post by junior.yk

I thought personally compared to Thursday paper, it was a lot easier. I managed to answer all questions but one. I have no idea if they are right but showed as much working as possible to gain some marks !! Hope it works like that!!
Reply 25
Original post by junior.yk

I think it went good! The last 4 questions really stumped me, I left the last three questions blank (missed 3 marks :/). But I feel I understood and did the majority of the paper correct.

What do you think will come up in Wednesday's exam?
Can someone share his/her answer?
What did you guys get for that 5 marker where there was that trapezium where you had to work out an angle?I done trig about 3 times and I think I got 32 point something. Can we try to share our answers?For Q1 I got 1.5 for solving x
Reply 28
Original post by ComputerWhizzKid
What did you guys get for that 5 marker where there was that trapezium where you had to work out an angle?I done trig about 3 times and I think I got 32 point something. Can we try to share our answers?For Q1 I got 1.5 for solving x

Do you remember the question for 1?
I put 35, for the trapezium answer, how did you find the oil one?
I thought it was o.k after i saw real oil tank volume.
The one that confused the hell out of me was the sin and cos question ?
Reply 30

What did you get for the oil thing?
I got 1500 litres without any of the 4% adding and all that jazz.

Can't remember my final answer though xD
Original post by LeonVH
Do you remember the question for 1?

I believe it was 1.5
Did any other top students resit.Like ppl who wanted a 9 I mean.

Yes! Im the only one out of my school resitting higher! I got a 4 the first time round because maths is honestly my worst subject, along with the fact that my maths teacher hated me! I got 10 GCSEs A-C. I am aiming for a 6 or higher for these exams. They have been so difficult so far though!!
Reply 33
Original post by ComputerWhizzKid
I believe it was 1.5

I don't remember the question. So I can't really say my answer. Do you know the question?
How are u guys revising for paper 3 😌
I'm unsure, I keep telling myself to study everything they didn't cover yet. I definitely think construction will be on there and more angles as only had a couple of locations on that. The rest I'm unsure !

I believe the trapezium was indeed 32 point something (32.1/32.2).
For oil tank I wrote k=0.98
As for sin n cosine I really hope ur not talking about the one (root (sin 45 +sin 30/cos 45+cos 30) cos it literally said type into ur calculator.
Guys if u remember any quexions from the exam u can ask me what I got n how I worjed out. Except for last question I just about got it wrong.sane with the shaded segment.
I believe the trapezium was indeed 32 point something (32.1/32.2).
For oil tank I wrote k=0.98
As for sin n cosine I really hope ur not talking about the one (root (sin 45 +sin 30/cos 45+cos 30) cos it literally said type into ur calculator.
Guys if u remember any quexions from the exam u can ask me what I got n how I worjed out. Except for last question I just about got it wrong.sane with the shaded segment.

Could you put together an unofficial markscheme? And can you remember what you got for that quadratic equation question
Last paper tomorrow! Thankfully 😩 it was my first time sitting GCSEs, (home schooled) I had no idea what to expect. I panicked for the first paper and completely messed it up 😰 the second paper went so much better, even though I argued with a loved one right before I went in to the exam😩, however I wasn’t panicking about the paper so my brain could actually dig out the methods😂, hopefully my answers are correct 🤞
Any idea what paper 3 might focus on?
I think circles will be on there and more algebra, i also have a feeling another sin and cos .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending