The Student Room Group

UAL Film TV/Film Practice (MET film school, Uni of Westminster) QUESTION

Hey guys, I am now applying for an undergraduate film degree for the four courses listed above (still haven’t chosen my fifth one) and had one question: let’s say you’ve sent your UCAS already and the uni likes what they see on there, what exactly happens adterwards? Like, they ask for a portfolio, but is it always so, and also- how much time do they give you to send them back your portfolio? Do they always want an interview? How much time does it take them to process back anything additional until they give their final decision? I’d love to know anything more about the application for film courses after UCAS. Please share anything! Thanks in advance.
Yes they ask for you to submit information through their student portal on what you’re bringing to the uni and what is in your portfolio before booking in an interview.

Westminster was very specific:

Questionnaire with favourite films/tv show/Director and they make you do a 300 word analysis on a film they attach.

Then, if you get through the questionnaire they’ll set you up with an interview
Original post by ivb_
Hey guys, I am now applying for an undergraduate film degree for the four courses listed above (still haven’t chosen my fifth one) and had one question: let’s say you’ve sent your UCAS already and the uni likes what they see on there, what exactly happens adterwards? Like, they ask for a portfolio, but is it always so, and also- how much time do they give you to send them back your portfolio? Do they always want an interview? How much time does it take them to process back anything additional until they give their final decision? I’d love to know anything more about the application for film courses after UCAS. Please share anything! Thanks in advance.

It depends on the uni. Most art schools, like AUB or NUA, will have intense interviews and request portfolios.

They will give you deadlines for portfolios once they've replied to your UCAS application. Don't worry, they'll let you know.

There's no way of knowing the processing time. I wrote advise on what do in interviews if you are interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending