The Student Room Group

Who would UK mainlanders on here vote for if they were living in Northern Ireland??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meenu89
DUP. Anything to stop the IRA coming first.

Have you never considered that the IRA might actually have a point, in what they stand for?
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
Why do i feel that all those options are sh*t... big up, there should be better options - right?

Course not!

It's politics.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Have you never considered that the IRA might actually have a point, in what they stand for?

Wanting a united Ireland is fair, that's just a political opinion. It's the blowing innocent people up bit that people tend to have an issue with, especially if you're old enough to remember one of their bombs in your country or you come from a place where they blew up 21 innocents and injured almost 200 more.
Sinn Fein.
26 + 6 = 1.

(also i'm republic irish, so my opinion probably shouldn't count)
Original post by SCIENCE :D

The supremacy of the UK must come first. It would weaken us to lose NI.
Original post by Rakas21
The supremacy of the UK must come first. It would weaken us to lose NI.

So even if rejoining Ireland was better for NI, you would make it stay part of the UK for "supremacy"?

This is why independence movements start in the first place, and why Sinn Fein as a political party exists.
Reply 26
Original post by CastCuraga
So even if rejoining Ireland was better for NI, you would make it stay part of the UK for "supremacy"?

This is why independence movements start in the first place, and why Sinn Fein as a political party exists.

SDLP from what I’ve read
Original post by Airmed

These memes are exactly why we're friends. Never change, my dear potaterrorist.
Reply 29
These memes are exactly why we're friends. Never change, my dear potaterrorist.

the ultimate favourite though is:

gets me every time :rofl:
Original post by Airmed
the ultimate favourite though is:

gets me every time :rofl:

BIG MOOD THO

i can't even tho this is too perfect :rofl:
Reply 31
BIG MOOD THO

i can't even tho this is too perfect :rofl:

don't you mean...

People are saying that they'd vote DUP to keep Sinn Fein terrorists out of power, as if the DUP don't have strong connections to Loyalist terrorist organisations. ****s sake

Otherwise, interesting idea OP
Reply 33
Original post by ron weasleys
People are saying that they'd vote DUP to keep Sinn Fein terrorists out of power, as if the DUP don't have strong connections to Loyalist terrorist organisations. ****s sake

Otherwise, interesting idea OP

Original post by Airmed
don't you mean...

f*cking hell airmed, ta gra agam duit ('I love you')
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 35
f*cking hell airmed, ta gra agam duit ('I love you':wink:

:awesome:
Original post by Airmed
:awesome:

Bit less now for siding with the english language :wink:

Spoiler

SDLP

There's no evidence it would be better.
Original post by Rakas21
There's no evidence it would be better.

I was speaking more with regards to the other person's context of "what if they had a point".

If there was evidence that rejoining Ireland would be better for NI, would you be more concerned with the UK's loss on NI than its own benefits for leaving?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending