The Student Room Group

Never been on a relationship?

Is anyone in here had never been in a relationship or had never been approached by their opposite sex?

I had a slight connection from a boy in my class in primary school but I wouldn’t necessary call it as a progress of going into a relationship since we were young and never shown any signs of dating... except that we both know we like each other but had never admitted/confessed with each other only to be found out by the people on our class. He didn’t made a move on me and so was me. I’m now 17 and still never had a bf...

What do you think?
(edited 6 years ago)
I have never been in a relationship, 17 isn't bad, try being 22 lol but yeah I worry a lot now, when I was 17 I was like I'm fine, I'm young, which is true, so don't worry.
I've had guys approach me, but mostly in the club and they come off a bit creepy. Also older creepy men approach me in the day time :s-smilie:, idk soon I hope I'll meet someone.
Original post by Anonymous
I have never been in a relationship, 17 isn't bad, try being 22 lol but yeah I worry a lot now, when I was 17 I was like I'm fine, I'm young, which is true, so don't worry.
I've had guys approach me, but mostly in the club and they come off a bit creepy. Also older creepy men approach me in the day time :s-smilie:, idk soon I hope I'll meet someone.

This feels like my favourite post ever
Reply 3
Original post by Jeojangjeojang
Is anyone in here had never been on a relationship or had never been approached by their opposite sex?

I had a slight connection from a boy in my class in primary school but I wouldn’t necessary call it as a progress of going into a relationship since we were young and never shown any signs of dating... except that we both know we like each other but had never admitted/confessed with each other only to be found out by the people on our class. He didn’t made a move on me and so was me. I’m now 17 and still never had a bf...

What do you think?

Living on planet Earth as a man for 24 years. Never had a girlfriend in my life and never been in a relationship.

What I think of your situation? It's a good situation, make the most of it! If you like him go for it. If for whatever reason you get rejected don't worry. Age is just a number - trust me. I'm 24. People say a sorts to me, as if I give a ****. So many other things to achieve in life before a relationship. I would have not got a First Class degree if I had a girlfriend
Reply 4

Same here. I am a 24 year old who like yourself have never been in a relationship. Never had a girlfriend - I guess it was down to the situations I have been in. I went to an all-boy high school - I regret it but my parents wanted me there. University was my first encounter of girls but when I was at uni all I ever wanted was a FIRST CLASS DEGREE. DID ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING FOR IT, AND THAT MEANT NO SERIOUS RELATIONSHIPS.

Now, I'm willing to get a girlfriend AFTER I sort out my other personal **** like getting a job
Original post by Salt Queen
This feels like my favourite post ever

Ahaha, why is that?
I was 18 when I had my first relationship. I wouldn't worry so much at the moment, a lot of people are in the same position as you. You don't want to force yourself to pretend to like someone just to fulfil that need for a boyfriend. The right person will come along in time. I would prioritise myself with other things in my life at the moment - friends, schoolwork, family and planning my career for the future.
Please don't rush into a relationship. I've been in a similar position to you, but I regret jumping into a relationship. When the right guy is there, you will know. Don't get into a relationship for the sake of having one, because trust me, you will regret it.

I had my first bf at 17, and I was not in the right place to have a relationship. I wanted to just feel wanted and loved, so I ended up with a guy I knew wasn't right for me since the beginning. I relied on the relationship as an escape from my (*****y) reality and as a source of happiness, but the relationship made me far from happy - it broke my confidence. The guy was an ******** for many, many reasons: he made me more insecure because of his *****y comments, he was immature (despite being older than me), disrespectful and put zero effort into the relationship. I look back and cringe how I begged him to stay at times when our r/s was on the rocks and when we broke up. I couldn't be happier that I'm out of the hell I was in, and that I've realised how much better I could do - physically and personality wise. :u: Use this as what not to do

tl;dr Don't rush into anything, enjoy being single and just focus on yourself. The right person will come when you least expect it. You're still very young
Is anyone in here had never been on a relationship or had never been approached by their opposite sex?

You must be new here to feel the need to ask this - ah, Nov 2017.
Reply 9
My first relationship I was just turning 17 and that was considered normal :smile: A lot of my friends didn't have their first relationship till late teens/early 20's, and they were all considered normal so don't worry!

What do you think?

21 and still alone. Don’t care. Doesn’t bother me.
I’m 18 and I’ve never had a boyfriend either! Only had my first kiss not that long ago😂 I wouldn’t recommend using online dating though, I’ve had a LOT of d*ck pics😂😂

I've never been on a relationship but I have been under and above one. Not sure about beside though, have you been next to one? Some of my friends have been between a relationship and some have been beneath, but I've never seen anyone within a relationship. They do wonder what it would be like to be inside a relationship but sometimes relationships aren't meant to be experienced across.

Spoiler

I hope you’ll find your right one soon.

Not seeing anyone who have a potential feelings or interests to me affects my self- confidence. It makes me feel insecure about my looks and character and make me hate myself even more. More than dating, i just want to find someone who could appreciate me but I don’t necessarily feel the urge to date them.- tbh im not that desperate to date someone, most of the time I’m too lazy to make an effort to talk to someone. The last guy I liked was 3 years ago and few months before that, most of the guys i liked didn’t took a year. The longest I had was in primary school for 4 years the one I mentioned on the description.
That's why then. Hard to be ON a relationship

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbf I am glad i'm not in a relationship for now. Might as well go out there and find someone who I truly like and can live with. Don't want to get into a relationship which isn't for me and then come out of it hurt.
Ahaha, why is that?

Because you wrote my soul. Basically I relate haha.
Original post by kxtieblog
I’m 18 and I’ve never had a boyfriend either! Only had my first kiss not that long ago😂 I wouldn’t recommend using online dating though, I’ve had a LOT of d*ck pics😂😂

This is a one big revelation 😂
Thanks for the tip lol
I was 18 when I had my first relationship. I wouldn't worry so much at the moment, a lot of people are in the same position as you. You don't want to force yourself to pretend to like someone just to fulfil that need for a boyfriend. The right person will come along in time. I would prioritise myself with other things in my life at the moment - friends, schoolwork, family and planning my career for the future.

Thanks. Personally, besides getting low attention from boys, I also have high standards so we’re both making walls which stops us from reaching each other 😂
I’ve liked different guys from the past but I never imagined dating them until this time, I can’t imagine a relationship with the guys on my 6th form.
Is anyone in here had never been in a relationship or had never been approached by their opposite sex?

What do you think?

I went to an all girl's High School in Scotland. I did not meet my first boyfriend until, I was 17 and in college. I did not start dating him until I turned 18 and we went on to have a 2 and a half year relationship. We are on good terms.

I would not worry about your age. I have friends who did not get themselves into relationships until they were in their early 20s.

In my advice, I would focus on your studies or chase some dreams and that will attract the people you want. I found the breakup with my first love very difficult and, although I do not regret the relationship.. I wish I focused on myself such as my studies.

Do not rush to get into a relationship because, it is less likely to have a strong foundation to build a genuine connection.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending