The Student Room Group

Freya's journey to A*A*A*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxFreyaWxx
Rereading my notes, asking my teacher one on one, watching youtube videos and practising questions I know I'm weaker at have all helped for me :smile:

thanks!
Reply 21
I've just started my AS levels and Im doing maths, further maths, ecnomics too and english lit. Have you got any tips regarding revising and keeping ontop of things. My target levels are low but I'm aiming for all As hopefully this year.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Elzxx9
I've just started my AS levels and Im doing maths, further maths, ecnomics too and english lit. Have you got any tips regarding revising and keeping ontop of things. My target levels are low but I'm aiming for all As hopefully this year.

I'm so sorry that I've only just seen this. With econ just constantly revise and keep on top of things because there is SO MUCH content and it's impossible ti just cram it all. At the start of the year I used to make a set of flashcards after I'd finished each topic which I found useful (last year I used quizlet and this year I've been making physical mini flashcard booklet things).

For Maths and Further it's just lots of practice and not being afraid to mark things harshly.

Hope that helps, sorry again for the late reply!
You really need to up your math scores if you want an A*
Reply 24
Original post by ajgeddes99
You really need to up your math scores if you want an A*

Yeah I know that, that's why it's a grow you're grades blog not a I already have that the grades blogs 😂
Reply 25
Update 6/11:

Sorry I haven't been posting very much. I've been really struggling to motivate myself. I got some test results back, I got a B in my C3 mock, which was really hard and a U in Further Maths on stuff that I had never practised :frown: . So yeah I'm feeling super naff :frown:
Reply 26
Okay so my week looks pretty chill. I really need to get back into my school mind frame. I was really stressing about mechanics this year but my teacher worked out that I only need to get a mid E in m2 and 90ums in C3 and C4 to get an A* in maths which is really reassuring. TBH I really have no clue how I got an A in last years exam as I'm pretty sure I never got above a C in any past papers. I was actually expecting to get a C in further maths next year so I think my lack of motivation stems from my lack of confidence.... idk but I really want this blog to be positive :smile: any tips on remaining motivated and positive will my greatly appreciated 😆
A0778E58-CF24-481D-831F-C9CD0C35A725.jpg.jpeg
I wish you all the best with your journey!

More importantly,
Your name is awesome.
Reply 28
Original post by Sykeology
I wish you all the best with your journey!

More importantly,
Your name is awesome.

Thank youuu, you too (in whatevr you're up to). Ah thanks again :K:
Hi,
Im doing AQA Economics this year, would you be able to send me any revision stuff/advice you have for it?
Reply 30
Original post by scpfcib
Hi,
Im doing AQA Economics this year, would you be able to send me any revision stuff/advice you have for it?

I can dm you a link to my set of flashcards on quizlet that I used last year? Everything else isn't electronic sorry :frown:

Advice wise, just keep on top of the content from the start of the year because the amount of content gets crazy. Also I found getting my teacher to mark any essays I wrote and re reading over the corrections useful for revision :smile:
Original post by xxFreyaWxx
I can dm you a link to my set of flashcards on quizlet that I used last year? Everything else isn't electronic sorry :frown:

Advice wise, just keep on top of the content from the start of the year because the amount of content gets crazy. Also I found getting my teacher to mark any essays I wrote and re reading over the corrections useful for revision :smile:

Cheers that would be great :smile:
Reply 32
I've been really bad at updating on here, my head has just been all over the place.

An update:

In the C3 mock I got a B but the only reason I didn't get higher is because I ran out of time ( I only lost 1 mark on all the questions I did). My teacher said that people usually do a lot better in the full mock which is in January so she actually to move my prediction up from an a to an a*, which is mad...

In the econ mock, I was mark away from an A, also because I ran out of time. There was a 2 marker (maths question) , 4 marker (data response), 9 marker and a 15 marker. I lost 1 mark on the data response because I couldn't remember how to answer them to get the full 4 marks and I lost 1 mark on the 9 mark question. But I lost 5 on the last one because I ran out of time and didn't do a diagram 😂.

Further maths is okay, I'm doing another test next Wednesday which hopefully will go well?

Anyways I'm sorry I've been neglecting this, I've really lost my focus but hopefully I'll sort it out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending