The Student Room Group

Revision Books

Hi i am currently in year 11, and doing my first set of mocks from this week to next week, i a thinking of buying revision books, can anyone recommend any revision books for the following subjects (all higher):
English Lang & Lit
Maths
Science combined (core)
Geography
Sociology
Business Studies
Drama?
Original post by higgz999
Hi i am currently in year 11, and doing my first set of mocks from this week to next week, i a thinking of buying revision books, can anyone recommend any revision books for the following subjects (all higher):
English Lang & Lit
Maths
Science combined (core)
Geography
Sociology
Business Studies
Drama?

i found the CGP revision guides extremely useful for science and maths!
English Lang & Lit
Maths
Science combined (core)
Geography
Sociology
Business Studies
Drama?

I only took the subjects that are in bold.

You can't go wrong with CGP branded revision guides for those subjects. However, you don't really need one for mathematics as there are great websites such as ExamSolutions.net and revising mathematics from a book isn't that effective.
Reply 3
Original post by heisenbatch
i found the CGP revision guides extremely useful for science and maths!

Thankyou i was deciding on either the CGP or Collins
Reply 4
Original post by Blue_Cow
I only took the subjects that are in bold.

You can't go wrong with CGP branded revision guides for those subjects. However, you don't really need one for mathematics as there are great websites such as ExamSolutions.net and revising mathematics from a book isn't that effective.

Thank you, sorry to bother you again but do you know the cheapest place to buy the books?
Thank you, sorry to bother you again but do you know the cheapest place to buy the books?

Tends to be Amazon. You could use a price comparison website such as PriceSpy or Google Shopping to double check, though!
Reply 6
Thankyou i was deciding on either the CGP or Collins

Sorry to bother you again but do you know the cheapest place to buy the books?
York notes books are great for English lit and Pearson have some really good ones for maths :smile:
Amazon just search it or library

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending