The Student Room Group

I got dumped !!!!!

I was talking to a boy for about a month and I got a text at 6:30 saying exactly “There are reasons we aren't together and I can't commit to you which I'd why I didn't mske you my girlfriend we alwsys have a laugh but I feel that's it there isn't the romantic spark u have gcses and I don't wanna distract u and with my dad and his back and stress from work it's all too much ur gonna make someone so happy and he's gonna be the luckiest lad alive but it can't be me I'm sorry I love talking to u and I wanna be your friend still x” and I felt so disheartened and sad and felt like nobody wanted me and I felt a romantic spark with him and he even told me that he wanted a future with me. I just wanted advice on how to get over him.
Original post by Anonymous
I was talking to a boy for about a month and I got a text at 6:30 saying exactly “There are reasons we aren't together and I can't commit to you which I'd why I didn't mske you my girlfriend we alwsys have a laugh but I feel that's it there isn't the romantic spark u have gcses and I don't wanna distract u and with my dad and his back and stress from work it's all too much ur gonna make someone so happy and he's gonna be the luckiest lad alive but it can't be me I'm sorry I love talking to u and I wanna be your friend still x” and I felt so disheartened and sad and felt like nobody wanted me and I felt a romantic spark with him and he even told me that he wanted a future with me. I just wanted advice on how to get over him.

Haha i woudnt say you got "dumped" you didnt even go out, Have you ever met him IRL?
There's literally zero reason why you should be holding on to this relationship outside being just friends. Teenage romance is not built to last, that's just from my observation anyways.
Reply 3
Cut contact and move on that way. I would call it more of a rejection than a dumping.
get a hobby and talk to other people.
Reply 5
Original post by ChickenMadness
get a hobby and talk to other people.

Thank
You 😊
Original post by Shabby33
Haha i woudnt say you got "dumped" you didnt even go out, Have you ever met him IRL?

Yeah I have
Original post by Vlammm
There's literally zero reason why you should be holding on to this relationship outside being just friends. Teenage romance is not built to last, that's just from my observation anyways.

Thats so true, All of my friends have bfs and gfs and end up breaking up like its some game. Im here waiting till im older and just focus on my family and grades :smile:
Deen over dunya LMAO
I am sorry this happened to you. Whether this was an official relationship or not you felt an emotional connection to him and he hurt your heart.

I would suggest you exercise, watch some favorite movies, hang out w/ your girlfriends or do any activity that energizes you. But, don't be surprised if you find you mind wondering back to this guy. That is completely normal. Don't try to figure out what you could have done differently because there is nothing you could have done to change the outcome. In reality time is the best healer and everyone's amount of time needed to move on will be different. I promise you though that you will get over this guy. Best of luck to you.

Quick Reply