The Student Room Group

can i wear hijab and be pretty?

if someone wears a hijab, do you find them attractive? or is it a turn off

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You shouldn't care about what others think. If you want to wear one, wear one. As long as you're happy, that is all that should matter.
....Isn't the sole purpose of hijab is to hide the beauty of a female so she does not attract perverted looks from males?
The whole point of the hijab is to hide someone's supposed beauty and make them look unattractive and/or unappealing.
you can still wear it and be gorgeous, only have to look at dina tokio and habiba da silva as examples
Reply 5
Original post by D369
You shouldn't care about what others think. If you want to wear one, wear one. As long as you're happy, that is all that should matter.

that wasnt my question. will people still think i am attractive?
Well I assume they're a religious muslim which is a turn off lol. I've seen a lot of attractive girls in hijabs though.
Reply 7
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The whole point of the hijab is to hide someone's supposed beauty and make them look unattractive and/or unappealing.

yes but I cant necessarily change my face can I.
Is hijab a turn off?
Reply 8
no i don't find them attractive ...because i don't know what they look like o_o
Original post by shezzax
you can still wear it and be gorgeous, only have to look at dina tokio and habiba da silva as examples

Find it confusing and contradictory for people like them to wear hijab but then plaster their face in make up to make themselves look attractive. They can of course do what they like, but it gives out mixed messages..
Original post by JDieMstr
....Isn't the sole purpose of hijab is to hide the beauty of a female so she does not attract perverted looks from males?

yes, which is why Im asking if when i wear it people think i am pretty or not. is it possible to think that someone wearing a hijab is pretty
I find there is a beauty in girls wearing hijabs that they are so committed and so faithful to the creator/ god. The fact that they are so religious and faithful is what makes it attractive.

Important advice:biggrin:o whatever your heart says! Dont give a crap about what people think.
it protects you look at the top most sexual harassment countries US, UK, Sweden and more.
Hijabs are really really pretty! I myself have considered wearing a headscarf for religious reasons (Im Jewish). Hijabs are beautiful!
Reply 14
Some may find you attractive. Emphasis on the some...
Original post by Dhanny
I find there is a beauty in girls wearing hijabs that they are so committed and so faithful to the creator/ god. The fact that they are so religious and faithful is what makes it attractive.

Important advice:biggrin:o whatever your heart says! Dont give a crap about what people think.

but is it possible to think that someone wearing a hijab is pretty?
thanks for the advice btw
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Find it confusing and contradictory for people like them to wear hijab but then plaster their face in make up to make themselves look attractive. They can of course do what they like, but it gives out mixed messages..

i agree with that. i do not aim to plaster my face in makeup however, i am talking about my natural features
I mean my new girlfriend wears a hijab and shes good looking, so yeah hair doesnt realyy make you ugly.
Original post by JDieMstr

Well that is the idea
i have plenty of friends who wear hijab and are still gorgeous, so yes you can definitely still be pretty. some girls even look better in it than without it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending