The Student Room Group

can i wear hijab and be pretty?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Froppy
no i don't find them attractive ...because i don't know what they look like o_o

there are many people.

many people say i look like this blogger, but i dont wear makeup
The whole point of the hijab is to look unattractive so that improper behaviour will not supposedly take place between men and women. If you want to look attractive don't wear the hijab.
Original post by Anonymous
yes but I cant necessarily change my face can I.
Is hijab a turn off?

For me it is, yes.
Original post by shezzax
i have plenty of friends who wear hijab and are still gorgeous, so yes you can definitely still be pretty. some girls even look better in it than without it

first person to actually answer what was asked! thank you my lovely x
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The whole point of the hijab is to hide someone's supposed beauty and make them look unattractive and/or unappealing.

you can't help it if youre naturally pretty
yes, which is why Im asking if when i wear it people think i am pretty or not. is it possible to think that someone wearing a hijab is pretty

Since the only thing that can determine that would be your eyes, state of your eyebrows and skin around it. If you can maintain those areas, then why not?
Original post by Westham315
I mean my new girlfriend wears a hijab and shes good looking, so yeah hair doesnt realyy make you ugly.

I thought dating was haram?
Original post by constantine2016
The whole point of the hijab is to look unattractive so that improper behaviour will not supposedly take place between men and women. If you want to look attractive don't wear the hijab.

its not my aim, but im asking if it is still possible to be considered as such
Original post by JDieMstr
Since the only thing that can determine that would be your eyes, state of your eyebrows and skin around it. If you can maintain those areas, then why not?

but isnt your hair an important feature too?
first person to actually answer what was asked! thank you my lovely x

no problem, all the best if you do try to start wearing it! x
Yes, you can. There are a lot of people who wear a hijab and still look good. A hijab covers your head but it doesn’t change the way your face looks, does it?
Original post by Westham315
I mean my new girlfriend wears a hijab and shes good looking, so yeah hair doesnt realyy make you ugly.

what is she doing being someone's girlfriend wtf thats haraam akhi
Original post by Kevin Hodge
Yes, you can. There are a lot of people who wear a hijab and still look good. A hijab covers your head but it doesn’t change the way your face looks, does it?

true, but hair is part of your beauty
but is it possible to think that someone wearing a hijab is pretty?
thanks for the advice btw

Well if you wear a Niqab then i admit I wouldnt have the faintest clue if you're pretty or not but if its the normal hijabs which show your face and cover your hair then yeah I can see your facial features and it would be easy to find out whether you're pretty.

(sorry if ive got the terms wrong).
I thought dating was haram?

Only when they decide to marry a virgin woman in the future.
if someone wears a hijab, do you find them attractive? or is it a turn off

https://www.youtube.com/user/hijabhills

I'd say so, this lady is beautiful. I don't see why a piece of fabric would be an issue for anyone, if they do, it's their loss. Be confident and happy no matter what, that's what people find attractive.
Reply 36
there are many people.

many people say i look like this blogger, but i dont wear makeup

ah now i have a better idea of what you mean...i think the person in that picture is attractive but the hijab detracts from it. Personally to me they would look prettier without it.
The whole point of the hijab is to hide someone's supposed beauty and make them look unattractive and/or unappealing.

you make it seem as though all hijabis are ugly.

women can still look appealing but in a modest way and not in a way that attracts that perverted attention.

you should do your research before making a statement like that.

I love your choice of wording - I suppose you really like Muslims lmfao...
To put it in a positive light, it's to show the modesty of a woman ...
but is it possible to think that someone wearing a hijab is pretty?
thanks for the advice btw

You see most of these people in this thread are saying that the Hijab is supposed to make someone unattractive. This isn't fully true, as all it really does (to put it bluntly) is cover the hair and breasts, the woman's face is still revealed meaning you can show of your hotnessssss, but still cover up your boobs so no ****boi can hit you with that "wyd" you know?. A Niqab, however covers the entire face and this is the difference people need to understand
Attachment not found

9.5/10(she got some dot on the side of her nose-fam 10/10 aint easy to achievvvvveeeeee)
Don't lie and say this girl is ugly. IMO she's top of the line, flipping fineeeee (god forgive me, astaghfirullah xD). So yeah you can wear a hijab and be pretty as seen above. Hijabs could be seen as a turn off sexually (since you can't see her breasts), but in a beauty point of view, you can still look attractive.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending