Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by joshchamp125
Date Applied : 25/9/2017
GCSE : 10A*s and 2 As
AS: AAAA
A2 Prediction : A*A*A*
UKCAT: 660 Band 1

Applied to Cambridge, UCL, Exeter and Plymouth. Have received an anknowledgement from all of them. I'm an international student btw. Do international students get interviews later than home students ?

I don't think they would, I do know most unis try and give you at least 2weeks notice rather than 2 days xD
Reply 61
Original post by RockGirl19
Scottish student here!
(please note that highers don't equal GCSEs and Advanced highers don't equal A-levels, as I've had so many messages from people saying that I haven't met the entry requirements)
Date Applied: 5/10/2017

UKCAT: 695 Band 2
National 5s: 8As (A*s aren't officially a thing in Scotland)
Highers: 5As
Predicted grades: N/A (Studying AH Chemistry, English and Music)

Dundee (Medicine A100)
Date: 12/10/2017 | Reply: Acknowledgement

Aberdeen (Medicine A100)
Date: 13/10/2017 | Reply: Acknowledgement

St Andrews (Medicine A100)
Date: 7/10/2017 | Reply: Acknowledgement

Glasgow (Medicine A100)
Date: 25/10/2017 | Reply: Acknowledgement

Will update if anything happens!

You know you don't meet the requirements xD im just kidding... so lucky with the cheap uni costs though
Reply 62
Original post by Username1502
Applied on the 13th October
GCSEs: 10A* 1A
UKCAT: 745 Band 3
BMAT: TBC
AS: AAAA
A2 Predictions: A*A*A* (Maths, Biology, Chemistry)

Cambridge - Medicine A100 - acknowledgement
UCL - Medicine A100 - acknowledgement
Nottingham - Medicine A100 - acknowledgement
Manchester - Medicine A106 - acknowledgement
Bristol - Biochemistry C700 - OFFER

Oooo, another high grade-er ^^.... howd you find the bmat
Reply 63
Bristol is pretty standard MMI; not really much to say other than that. UCL is a traditional medical interview and actually pretty fun - had a good debate with one of the interviewers :smile:
Original post by Ecds
Bristol is pretty standard MMI; not really much to say other than that. UCL is a traditional medical interview and actually pretty fun - had a good debate with one of the interviewers :smile:

is having a debate a good thing? did you get an offer
Reply 65
Original post by Ecds

Did ucl bring up your bmat essay?
Reply 66
In the context of the question it was - he was challenging something I said - trying to provoke me - they were trying to test me under pressure so it was necessary :smile:
Reply 67
And yes I did get an offer - also they did ask about my essay
Original post by Actuvia
You know you don't meet the requirements xD im just kidding... so lucky with the cheap uni costs though

lol😂.

I know, I'm ridiculously lucky. It'd be basically impossible for me to afford uni if I was English, so I feel really sorry for all of you!
Reply 69
lol😂.

I know, I'm ridiculously lucky. It'd be basically impossible for me to afford uni if I was English, so I feel really sorry for all of you!

Thanks for the sympathy :smile:.... can I ask what made you not choose Edinburgh?
Reply 70
Original post by Ecds
And yes I did get an offer - also they did ask about my essay

Did they just ask for your reasoning behind what you wrote or something?
Reply 71
Date Applied: 12/10/17

UKCAT: 745 Band 2
BMAT: 4.4, 4.9, 3A :/
GCSEs: 11 A*s 1 A (English Language)
Predicted Grades: A*A*A* (Maths/Bio/Chem) and have A in AS Geography

Oxford (Medicine): Acknowledged 13/10/17 Rejected :frown: 28/11/17
UCL (Medicine): Acknowledged 12/10/17 Interview invitation 12/12/18 Interview 27/2/18 Rejected :frown: 2/3/18
King's College London (Medicine): Acknowledged 13/10/17 Interview invitation 15/11/17 Interview 29/11/17 Offer (A*AA) 9/2/18 FIRM
Leicester (Medicine): Acknowledged 12/10/17 Interview invitation 8/11/17 Interview 13/12/17 Offer (AAA) 9/2/18 INSURANCE
Surrey (BioMedical Science): Acknowledged 12/10/17 Offer (ABB) 18/10/17
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Actuvia
Thanks for the sympathy :smile:.... can I ask what made you not choose Edinburgh?

It was a combination of my family living fairly close to Edinburgh and wanting to get away, along with them having a preference for advanced higher biology (the bio teachers at our school aren't great, and the other 4 unis absolutely didn't mind).

Also, I think the less traditional styles of trading appealed to me more? So after going to the open days it didn't seem like a massive sacrifice not to put Edinburgh.
Reply 73
It was a combination of my family living fairly close to Edinburgh and wanting to get away, along with them having a preference for advanced higher biology (the bio teachers at our school aren't great, and the other 4 unis absolutely didn't mind).

Also, I think the less traditional styles of trading appealed to me more? So after going to the open days it didn't seem like a massive sacrifice not to put Edinburgh.

Ah okay, very fair reasons, I have a similar thing with family and BSMS.
Reply 74
Original post by mosam00
Date Applied: 12/10/17

UKCAT: 745 Band 2
BMAT: N/A (didn't go that well though :frown:)
GCSEs: 11 A*s 1 A (English Language)
Predicted Grades: A*A*A* (Maths/Bio/Chem) and have A in AS Geography

Oxford (Medicine): Acknowledged 13/10/17
UCL (Medicine): Acknowledged 12/10/17
King's College London (Medicine): Acknowledged 13/10/17
Leicester (Medicine): Acknowledged 12/10/17
Surrey (BioMedical Science): Acknowledged 12/10/17 Offer (ABB) 18/10/17

After the BMAT I'm pretty sure I won't get an interview at Oxford lol, and probably UCL :/

Awww, I'm sure you did great, also congrats on Surrey
Reply 75
Original post by Actuvia
Awww, I'm sure you did great, also congrats on Surrey

Thanks lol, expecting the worst, hoping for the best I guess
Reply 76
I can't actually remember I'm sorry - if you get an interview then they give you your BMAT essay before you head in so you can recap what you wrote
Reply 77
Original post by Ecds
I can't actually remember I'm sorry - if you get an interview then they give you your BMAT essay before you head in so you can recap what you wrote

Oh ok, thank you
Does anyone know of anyone who's been invited for an interview?
Original post by joshchamp125
Does anyone know of anyone who's been invited for an interview?

I know someone rejected from Bristol but sadly no-one with an interview.

Latest

Trending

Trending